Hello from Poulsbo WA!

"Welcome to Marble Connection"   :wave2:

Anxious to see your mibs, post away !!!

Again,

"Welcome"

31 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

I believe we have a board member from Poulsbo, a small would indeed. Nice mibs BTW   :thup:

Already connected, the mibs are flowing…..

• Thanks 1

The box set is great and the purple transitional! I saw mushroom type marbles in similar puzzle boxes. Chiyogami paper in mame-shibori pattern is used. Do they have crease pontils?

On 4/23/2024 at 11:17 PM, shiroaiko said:

The box set is great and the purple transitional! I saw mushroom type marbles in similar puzzle boxes. Chiyogami paper in mame-shibori pattern is used. Do they have crease pontils?

17140665658306672139395586217682.jpg

17140666295507137973434989069341.jpg

17140667613508561339184685049767.jpg

17140668144753554540037877407459.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

so I was able to reach out to the gentleman I received this from he had purchased it almost a year ago or so from a fella out in Portland and that fella got it from another gentleman through Japanese import this was the only information I can obtain at the moment.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Joe2 said:

so I was able to reach out to the gentleman I received this from he had purchased it almost a year ago or so from a fella out in Portland and that fella got it from another gentleman through Japanese import this was the only information I can obtain at the moment.

Thank you, I am so grateful for being here. We scarcely see old marbles in packages in the country. It is probably they meant for export, and marbles were often sold loose. One exception is Camel (Matsuno). They used the same paper boxes and plastic bags for both foreign and domestic markets. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 9:42 AM, YasudaCollector said:

Wow! I guess it makes sense since Portland is a west coast city (there'd be a lot of trade with Japan). I see a few Japanese transitionals here and there since I am near Seattle. 

Just got a duplication from National Diet Library; a 1959 study of marbles in American market. It says Japan was able to provide marbles cheaper to the American market, compared to the factories which were located in the middle of the country. Transport of 100 kg marbles costed 6 dollars per 100 kilometers from WV to Los Angels, but 50 cents for the same distance from Kobe to North America. 

• Like 2