Peltier Citrus Or Vitro?

m!b$

I have some Pelts that are similiar to yours.

The GREEN seemed to be a "contaminate color"

in certain runs.

Here's some odd ball stuff I have.

Digs from Ottawa....you can see some

of the stuff in the bottom of these pics

kinda have the same color combos as yours !

post-279-1227595667_thumb.jpg

post-279-1227595674_thumb.jpg

RAR

Well then, I guess that pretty much settles it.

What threw me was all the little dimples in the glass, just like Pelts, and the bubbles, just like Pelts, plus the colors look similar to another Citrus I have (that really is a Citrus...I think).

Thanks, everyone :)

What threw me was all the little dimples in the glass, just like Pelts, and the bubbles, just like Pelts, plus the colors look similar to another Citrus I have (that really is a Citrus...I think).

"Then that settles it"! Looks peltier, has the bubbles, off set strips and the inner blend. I will buy it! What a great marble........ Here go's the fun! Maybe Alan has an opinion being down in florida and all..."citrus" ...florida get it! "Funny"! Thanks Mike.

What is your conclusion?

Sounds like you've decided not pelt in spite of all the pelt-like signs. ??

So far, two votes for Vitro, or at least non-Peltier, and one vote for Citrus. I thought it was a Pelt, but now I'm not so sure, so I'm not saying either way until all the evidence is in.

i have a citrus and pd 150 for it and it doesnt look like that i guarentee.

What is my conclusion...well, let's see...since you put it that way...I guess I haven't come to a conclusion after all...

What do you think it is?

What do I think? I think I can see why someone would be tempted to call it a citrus. And I guess I can see why others would object. I personally wouldn't try to tweak the boundaries on a citrus i.d. The laws differ from state to state but usually there are stiff penalties for tweaking without a license.

CitrusWorksheet_50percent.jpg

(Comparison mibs are Steve's, Charles' and Craig's)

On the other hand, I thought you'd have a much easier time getting a citrus confirmation on your 2nd one.

CitrusWorksheetNo2_50percent.jpg

(comparison mibs are Charles' and Craig's)

Without a lot of reasons to back up my opinion, when I see those white filaments plus clear space, I think Vitro.

Not a trick question: do any of Rick's dug pelts have the filaments and clear which would suggest Vitro to you if you saw them in a marble which wasn't already obviously pelt?

edit: trying to "get" what seems Vitro at times like this. There are other maybe similar examples which seem to get a split Vitro/Pelt vote and I don't usually see the Vitro side. Yet the Superiors were once thought to most likely be Pelt, if I recall the story correctly.

The second one I posted has a translucent base. I think it's a Citrus.

The first one I'm not going to say is a Citrus, or even a Pelt.

I got "confirmations" on these from someone who's opinions I value (not that I don't value others' opinions).