Mikie_T

Oxbloods... show me some please

I love looking at Oxblood marbles. I have a scarce few but I know you guys and gals have some nice ones.

Here is a pic of 3 of mine..... I will kick in more as the thread continues.

Mike

.625 oxblood x 3.jpg

Gotta love some Akro ox.  

This picture turned out okay --- Jabo Last Dance

Samba_01_zps5t7o2hnd.jpg

VERY nice!

Are the specs I see in the clear glass in there on purpose to make the marble sparkle?

Love that marble.

Another of mine:

IMG_1548.JPG

That's luscious. 

Yes, the green flakes shimmer. :) They might be mica. (Or they might be  some other thing which was _called_ mica -- I never got that straight.) 

WOW...... Beautiful!

Duhhhh, Uhhhh, Duhhh.... I don't know what to say. Just beautiful....

Well, I guess I will post another of mine..... A little yellow up next to oxblood.

Akro Ox yellow and blue_1.JPG

Akro Ox yellow and blue_2.JPG

WOW..... Seeing these newer marbles with Oxblood makes me want to get some. My collecting has focused on older marbles but these newer Jabos are knock-outs!

Keep 'em coming.

Mike

Sorry in advance for some of the bad pics, a few of these are from my early attempts at marble photography.

house ox 020.JPG

ox1 018.JPG

ox1 024.JPG

ox1 009.JPG

Here are a few of mine.  First photo is a Leighton type purchased at a show that came from Hansel DeSousa.  One of the most colorful handmades I own. Check out the 9! The second is a clear oxblood by Akro.  Hard to find! The third is also a handmade oxblood in clear glass with nice swirling.

Hansel1.jpg

oxswirl.jpg

handmadeox3.jpg

Finally, here's a photo of a VERY old Leighton type I found at a flea market (never have found anything even close at a flea market!) that was very damaged, but the gorgeous colors and "9" are incredible.  I sold it quite a long time ago. And last, here are a couple Vitros with oxblood V's, not so hard to find but cool nonetheless.

bigox.jpg

oxbloodVs.jpg

Nice, Alan - no annealing fracturing? Andrea, that first 'Leighton' type is just drop dead gorgeous. Those are my absolute favorite marbles, and that's one of the best ones I've seen! A lot of the oxbloods from Akro, I think, tried to imitate those early ones, and some - like the ones here - made a pretty good run at it considering they were mass produced instead of single gather.