The only one outside of captivity......

akronmarbles

• 11 months later...

This is a gorgeous marble.

If I were the maker of it, I would not want to put my signature on it. Unless, maybe, if I had a very artistic signature, such as a shamrock.

But not ordinary etching.

That detracts from the work of art which that marble is. In my opinion.

I understand the frustration of new mibs passed off as old.

But should an artist be pressured into something he considers to be defacing his art, especially if the pressure is coming from those who want to protect their vintage investments?

So, how many people have I offended here? Brian Graham and everyone who is in favor of signatures?

I know I was one of the ones that spoke out to Brian in hopes that he would sign these marbles....

As strongly as I feel about their being marked, I have to agree with you, too, Steph....

Again, I think John's shamrocks are a great way to "mark" without defacing...

Something small, but deep, seems like it would have a better purpose and nicer effect than a large shallow scratch that is both ugly and easily removed....

BUT, for Brian's benefit.... I'll never complain... I really appreciate his mark, no matter what it is....

Thanks Brian!!

Wow - this thread was started just about a year ago. You didn't offend me Steph. I’d rather agree to disagree then get all worked up over something I solely do for pleasure. I see all sides of the issue - I personally think it's strange to sign my name onto a marble - but for obvious reasons and majority opinion, I decided to sign my creations.

Wow - this thread was started just about a year ago.

It seemed relevant. :)

You didn't offend me Steph.

I'm glad.

You really do beautiful work ... as if that needed to be said again!

Akronmarbles, tell me about the glass you used. Is it old cullet? New glass? If new is it really oxblood? I'm curious, and beautiful marble by the way. Didn't you make some with white and green as well? Still making them?

I'm pretty sure their size is a major disqualifying factor...that and the pontil mark. If one could get past all that then seeing a glut of large mint condition green and crystal bricks is definetly going to raise some eyebrows. Not that it would happen...I am just saying.

-Brad

I also was curious about their availability. I didn't ask 'coz it wouldn't be appropriate, 'coz I'm all talk and no buy with marbles right now. But I'm thinking that when I get my first brick, it'd be cool if it were one of Brian's.

Sort of on track with this topic:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-5-8-Brian-Grahm-Blue...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-9-16-Brian-Grahm-Con...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-7-16-Brian-Grahm-Gre...1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't recognize the eBay ID. If they are yours I suppose I just gave you a free plug :lol: If not they are offering a guarantee of authenticity in your name in the listing.

-Brad

Edit: Oh yeah...theres some oxblood ones in there somewhere for sale, check em out.