Akro Sparkler - Sizzling Prices!

Steph

The REAL worth of this marble is somewhere around $50 as is shown by the bidding of everyone who stopped at that price range.

2 bidders then had a bidding war and drove the price up from $50 to $175 or so.

(that was bidder #5 and #6)

Then here comes bidder #2 and #7 who have REALLY deep pockets and are just not going to be out bid again so both of them throw in a bid of $500 plus to make SURE thay dont ge outbid or else someone is going to pay dearly and boy did they.

Have these folks ever been to a show??? Insanity at its best. I love it. Just a few colors on the Sparkler also. Yea for Alan!!!!!! thats gotta help for some of the underbid ones he gets. Oh yea, I have some outstanding ones I will sell for only 300 each. Any takers? Peace,Galen

I was kinda thinking it showed excitement in the market. I would think of that as more good than bad!

After watching the marble market slide ... to see an upturn however long it lasts ... sort of interesting. List your sparklers, Galen!

B)

Guest browse4antiques

I remember 20 years ago that some really nutty people were paying ridiculous prices for those machinemade marbles, and they had strange names for them: flames, and christmas trees and such, and everyone knew that the only marbles of value were handmades. ... Roger

Guest marbleus1

he loves sparklers, lives in England, he has bought almost every one that I sold.

unfortunately there was never a second bidder with such conviction.

David