Mostly Pix - Marble King

Steph

If the sources for the pix aren't given they're probably from old auctions. Sorry, I wasn't keeping track of the sources yet when I saved most of these first ones.

Tournament Assortment, Berry Pink Industries. Check out the St. Mary's cat's eyes, which I think would have been made between 1955 and 1958. [edit: I based that guess on the assumption that St. Mary's cat's eyes were only made in St. Mary's. I've heard they may also have been made after the move to Paden City. However, there is obviously still a good chance that they're from the early period.]

(click to enlarge)

th_post-279-1183673975.jpg th_post-279-1183673991.jpg

th_post-279-1183673983.jpg th_post-279-1183673998.jpg

Here's a Tournament Assortment cloth bag. It looks like it may have most of the original marbles, but with more added. I see one blue and white St. Mary's cat's eye and some early Japanese cats, plus some Master Glass bananas. And I think there are a couple of steelies and at least one corkscrew.

(click to enlarge)

th_post-279-1183675135.jpg th_post-279-1183675143.jpg th_post-279-1183675151.jpg th_post-279-1183675159.jpg

The cloth tourney bags were made in Japan but I don't think any declare that fact. However, there is a lookalike bag which is not Marble King brand, and I think that one does say made in Japan.

Note: There are other pix in the links here, Compilation: Original Packaging.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best guess at this time is these were made after 1990. Actually I'm fairly certain the rainbows with the lovely translucent base were after 1990. Likely in 2000 or later.

(click to enlarge)

th_post-279-1183676134.jpg th_post-279-1183676150.jpg

th_post-279-1217185239.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Black Widow as pictured by Jill Spencer, circa 1964

item19m.jpg

Should have another red stripe on the other side. (Pretty sure about that. The marble I have which I was told was "Black Widow" does. Need to confirm.)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you!

I just got an eyeful of blends the other day and suddenly jumped up several levels in how appealing I found them. It was like I was seeing them for the first time.

Do we know about packaging for blends?

• 5 months later...

Another bag of clearies...

marbleking.jpg

marbleking reverse.jpg

Sizing is less consistent than with my Vitro Aqua Jewels and Heatons, and several have a slightly raised half/raised seam? Colours are slightly different, but given a random clearie I'd struggle to say which manufacturer it belonged to even with all three manufactures bags on the table.

:thup: 

Yes, I'm sure that's what I'd be calling the seam. 

Was wondering if the Heatons were formed as swirls or if they had seams.  But I wouldn't have tried to guess between Vitro and Marble King.  

I don't know when that bag is from.    It doesn't look like the oldest Marble King style ... but which decade?  

I'm too sleepy to remember if I should even know.  I shouldn't be checking my computer this late!  'nite. 

Older Marble King design: 

http://marbleconnection.com/topic/19033-1953/