Last Dance Families Named

sissydear

The Last Dance Tribute run took place on December 16, 2008. The marble run is dedicated to the superb art of David McCullough, former member of the US Army Special Forces and to the memory of Colonel John Woolschlagger, US Army Special Forces; and all the brave men of the US Military Special Operations Forces.

Some of the marbles are named for men who served in Special Forces, two are named for team members' moms, and the rest are named appropriately for dances. We are the Last Dance of 2008, the last of the experimental runs.

Marble # 1 The Colonel

The Colonel is on a tan base with green aventurine ribbons and bright red oxblood ribbons. The marble is named for Colonel John Woolschlagger who was a member of the US Army Special Forces. The marble was named by Steve Sturtz.

thecolonel.jpg

Marble # 2 Irish Lilt

This marble is on a transparent and gray base with ribbons of bright green mica and dark mahogany oxblood. ribbons. The marble is named for a dance and was named by Edna Eaton

irishlilt.jpg

Marble # 3 Hardcore

Hardcore is on a tan base with green aventurine ribbons and purple oxblood ribbons. Hardcore is named for David McCullough, former US Army Special Forces, Viet Nam. The marble was named by Steve Sturtz.

hardcore.jpg

Marble # 4 Dolly

This marble is on a transparent base with a yellow floater ribbon inside, and on the surface are ribbons of green aventurine, oxblood, and a pale blue ribbon with an oxblood ribbon on top of it. The marble is named for Peggy Durham, the mom of Debbie Amburn, one of our team members. Debbie's mom was a doll collector. We lost Peggy in 2008. This marble is named by Steve Sturtz.

dolly.jpg

electricslide2.jpg

This Dolly pic borrowed from Kevin Roberts

Marble # 5 Electric Slide

This marble has an orange base, a light blue aventurine ribbon, a dark blue aventurine ribbon, a gray ribbon, and an oxblood ribbon that can be red or purple. This is the first dance marble named and Kevin Roberts named it.

electricslide.jpg

Electric Slide pic borrowed from Kevin:

electricslide232.jpg

Marble # 6 Lone Wolf

This marble is on a tan base with ribbons of oxblood, 3 colors of brown, and blue aventurine. The marble is named for Philip G. Arthur, former member of US Army Special Forces. It was named by Edna Eaton.

lonewolf.jpg

Marble # 7 Bull

This marble is on a gray blue base with flames of dark and bright oxblood, yellow, and blue aventurine. It was named for Colonel Bull Simon, founder of Delta Force, leader of a group that rescued Ross Perot's kidnapped employees. The marble was named by Philip G. Arthur.

bull.jpg

Marble # 8 Blue Tango

This marble is multicolored, hard to distinguish which of the colors is the base color. There are 3 shades of orange ribbons, oxblood ribbons, blue aventurine ribbons, and tan ribbons. There are blue tangos with blue aventurine sparkling and some with blue av. and gold stone, heavy enough to see in the pics. In some of the marbles the oxblood ribbon appears to be pink and purple. This is a dance marble named by Edna Eaton

bluetango.jpg

Marble # 9 Waltz

This marble is on a transparent base with floater ribbons of white and blue, surface ribbons of white and mahogany oxblood. Aventurine sparkles are in the blue ribbons and on the ox ribbons. The marble was named for a dance by Edna Eaton. It reminded her of "The Blue Danube Waltz".

waltz.jpg

Marble # 10 The Twist

The Twist is on a transparent base with a floater white ribbon inside. On the surface are ribbons of green mica, red oxblood, orange, and mahogany oxblood. The marble is named for a dance and got its name from a collaboration of Steve Sturtz and Edna Eaton.

twist.jpg

Marble # 11 Samba

Samba is on a transparent base with floater ribbons of white and orange. On the surface are ribbons of yellow, bright red oxblood, blue aventurine, some have green aventurine and mahogany oxblood. Some have goldstone. The marble was named by Edna Eaton

samba.jpg

Marble # 12 Hip Hop

Hip Hop is on a transparent amber base. It has floater ribbons of white and yellow. The ribbons on the surface are yellow, white, green aventurine, and oxblood. The marble was named by Edna Eaton. It is very similar to the marble named Dolly. The major difference is the color of the base glass with Dolly being crystal clear and Hip Hop being amber. Hip Hop is a darker marble than Dolly.

hiphop.5561598.jpg

Marble # 13 Line Dance

Line Dance is on a transparent base with a white floater insdide and lines on the surface formed by ribbons of olive green aventurine, yellow, and oxblood. The marble was named by Edna Eaton for a type of dance

linedance.jpg

Marble # 14 From the "golden age", The Charleston

The Charleston marble is on a clear transparent base with a yellow floater twisting around inside and coming to the surface to form ribbons. There are also ribbons of white, pale blue, and oxblood, and either green mica or blue aventurine. The marble was named by Edna Eaton.

charleston.jpg

Marble # 15 Gold Charleston

Gold Charleston is basically the same marble as "The Charleston". It is on a clear transparent base with a yellow floater twisting inside and forming ribbons on the surface. There are ribbons of oxblood, white, and either blue aventurine or green mica. The differences in the two marbles are GOLD CHARLESTON HAS MORE INTENSE COLOR AND IT HAS GOLDSTONE. The marble was named by Edna Eaton.

goldcharleston.jpg

Marble # 16 The Pony

The Pony looks slightly pearlized and has 3 shades of blue in the base and sometimes a pale yellow in the base. It has oxblood ribbons. Stephanie Harrison named this dance marble.

The Pony

marble2316.jpg

Marble # 17 Calypso

Calypso is on a gray base with ribbons of black, pale blue aventurine. oxblood which ranges from bright red to dark red, and some yellow ribbons. Some also have orange ribbons. Calypso was named by Stephanie Harrison.

Marble # 17 Calypso

marble2317.jpg

Marble # 18 turned out to be a second jar of another marble so I have removed it.

Marble # 19 Rhumba

Rhumba is a tan based marbles with many ribbons of brown, red oxblood, orange, mahogany oxblood, and blue aventurine.

marble2319.jpg

Marble # 21 Cottoneyed Joe

Cottoneyed Joe is on a tan base with brown ribbons, oxblood ribbons, blue aventurine ribbons, and some golden brown ribbons. Some ribbons look almost black. The marble was named by Edna Eaton.

cottoneyedjoe.jpg

Marble # 22 Foxtrot

Foxtrot is tan based with ribbons of blue aventurine, oxblood, and dark brown. Foxtrot was named by Stephanie Harrison and Edna Eaton.

marble2322.jpg

There is a lutz version of this marble called Golden Foxtrot. I'll post a pic later next week.

Marble # 23 Boney Maroney

Boney Maroney is tan based with ribbons of golden brown, black, brown, oxblood, and thin ribbons of blue aventurine.

marble2323.jpg

Marble #24 Watusi

Watusi is tan based with dark ribbons that appear black. Looking with a strong light, they are really blue aventurine with threads of oxblood and a dark brown on top of the blue. there are red oxblood threads running the the tan base. The name of the Watusi was a collaborate effort of Stephanie Harrison and Edna Eaton.

marble2324.jpg

. Marble # 25 The Stroll

The Stroll is on a transparent base with a white floater and outside ribbons of black aventurine, and oxblood

marble2325.jpg

Marble # 26 The Shimmy

The Shimmy is on a transparent base which looks cloudy, almost opalescent, (it may be) with a white floater, thin green mica, and oxblood ribbons It is similar to # 38 Jitterbug. It was named by Stephanie Harrison

marble2326.jpg

Marble # 27 Bossa Nova

Bossa Nova is on a opaque blue base with swirls of oxblood, darker blue ribbons and has a pearlized look.

This marble was named by Stephanie Harrison.

marble2327.jpg

Marble # 28 has been eliminated. Steph's question caused me to take a look again and Marble #22 and # 28 are the same marble.

Marble # 23 repeated, better pic Boney Maroney

Boney Maroney is on an opaque tan base, with ribbons of red oxblood, golden brown, blue aventurine, and dark brown.

marble2329.jpg

Marble # 30 Mexican Hat Dance

The Mexican Hat Dance is on a clear base with floaters of orange and white, surface ribbons of green aventurine and mahogany oxblood. The Mexican Hat Dance was named by Stephanie Harrison.

marble2330.jpg

ballet.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marble # 32 Ballet

Ballet is on a tan base and has multiple ribbons of mahogany oxblood and green aventurine. Ballet was named by Edna Eaton

Marble # 33 Salsa

Salsa is on a transparent base with a white and yellow floater that comes to the surface and forms ribbons. There are also ribbons of green aventurine and mahogany oxblood. It was named by Edna Eaton

salsa.jpg

This marble is Salsa with lutz added. It was named by Edna Eaton

golden.jpg

Marble # 35 Flamenco

Flamenco is on a yellow base with ribbons of bright red, darker red ox, and blue aventurine. It was named by Edna Eaton. This marble is very rare. Edna's share of this marble was 5 marbles. In the pic, the 4 in the top row have lutz and are named "Golden Flamenco". The second row has a single marble with no lutz (goldstone) and is simply "Flamenco".

flamenco.jpg

This marble is brighter than my pic.

Marble # 36 The Whip

The Whip is a tan based marble with oxblood and green mica, very thin ribbons. The Whip was named by Edna Eaton

thewhip.jpg

Marble # 38 Jitterbug

Jitterbug has a transparent base with a white floater which surfaces to form white ribbons. Heavy Green mica ribbons and oxblood ribbons overlay the white ribbons.

marble2338.jpg

Marble # 39 The Two Step

The Two Step is a tan based marble with two ribbons, one is green mica and the other is a deep red oxblood. The marble was named by Edna Eaton.

twostep.jpg

Marble # 37 The Strut

The Strut looks very much like lone wolfe. It's on a tan base with oxblood ribbons that are bright red and almost brown. It also has fancy ribbons of green mica. The marble was named by Edna Eaton

I finished sorting the goldstone (lutz) marbles today. I have found 17 families of Last Dance that have goldstone. Anybody find more than that? Edna

My favorite with lutz is Golden Flamenco. Without lutz, I like Dolly, Electric Slide, Blue Tango, Samba, The Colonel, and Hardcore. I can't pick just one. LOL There is one other favorite without a name yet. I'm waiting on Triker to name it. It has a with and without lutz version and I haven't done a pic of it yet. Edna

Wow! That's a lot of families to keep track of. They are all beautiful - I don't see any that I would call 'ho hum' types. Thanks for taking the time to show these, Edna! I noticed that there was a not a picture of #17 Calypso, named by Stephanie. Do you have one?

Thank you Al, I hadn't noticed it did not load. I think I have it fixed. Cottoneyed Joe is now up. Bruce Burkhardt had a change of plan and named the marble for his Mom. They are Marble # 40 and #41. They are the same marble, but one version has goldstone. There are some more marbles that are not remarkable. We will enjoy giving them away to kids at marble shows, in restaurants, shopping centers, etc. Edna

Hi, Edna!

Looking forward to your response to Steph's question. Managed to get over the flu just in time to get it again, so couldn't put a similar question together.

Boy! You sure have a way of remaining 'politely silent' and then suddenly coming 'out of the blue' with some amazing posts!

Thanks for this one and all the others!

Started to put together a list of my favorite "Last Runners", expecting it to be 3 or four of them and wound up with 7!

And all the 'second-favorites' are really close! It's just an exceptional run! Bob ( :

Steph, the unnamed ones are # 22 and # 27 and Triker's marble. I looked again at the goldstone marbles, compared them to the "plain" ones and # 22 and # 28 have such a slight difference that I lumped them together. # 28 has been eliminated. It would have been terribly difficult to distinguish between the two of them. The colors are all the same. One of them had slightly more blue than the other. They are now just # 22. Thanks! Edna

This run is dedicated to David McCullough and Colonel John Woolschlagger, both of whom served in the US Army Special Services. Each has a marble named for them. Philip Arthur also served in Special Forces and has a marble named for him.

In the boxes I sell there will be a pic on the top of the box showing Last Dance Marbles and a plate on the underside of the lid that reads:

The activities of the US Army Special Forces are shrouded in mystery and darkness. Most of their stories never come to light. It is fitting that the Tributes Last Dance marbles are shrouded in darkness. Unlike Special Forces, their beauty can be revealed with light. Shine your light on the marbles to reveal their story and remember the former and present men who serve in Special Ops of all branches of our military forces. Our Tributes were the last experimental run of 2008. Families and friends of Special Forces members know the meaning of "Last Dance".

This run is dedicated to David McCullough and Colonel John Woolschlagger, both of whom served in the US Army Special Services. Each has a marble named for them. Philip Arthur also served in Special Forces and has a marble named for him.

In the boxes I sell there will be a pic on the top of the box showing Last Dance Marbles and a plate on the underside of the lid that reads:

The activities of the US Army Special Forces are shrouded in mystery and darkness. Most of their stories never come to light. It is fitting that the Tributes Last Dance marbles are shrouded in darkness. Unlike Special Forces, their beauty can be revealed with light. Shine your light on the marbles to reveal their story and remember the former and present men who serve in Special Ops of all branches of our military forces. Our Tributes were the last experimental run of 2008. Families and friends of Special Forces members know the meaning of "Last Dance".

That is beautiful and brings tears to my eyes.

I just bought 3 #11 Sambas and they are gorgeous and it is so true that until you put the light on them you don't see the true beauty.

Thank you

Kathy

GREAT job and lots of work and time. Thank You Edna !!!!!!! You know i am on the list for boxes. Great insert for inside the lid,Thanks. The weather here has not got much better,down into single numbers this coming week. I have a picture of youself and Weldon wrapped up with only your heads sticking out, near the Jabo furnace and machine during the Last Dance. What a good time,only possible at Jabo,where else ???

well, i really can't say much that already hasn't been said .. just a super time .. place ... and people. and marbles so pretty and with hidden beauty .. i've gone thru them a dozen times. well .. i guess just 1 thing .. next time i see a grill coming at me :doh: .. i need a hat too . :Cool_049: ... need a box too edna .. bill

Pic for the top of the Box - a mixture of plain and goldstone Last Dance

top2.jpg

I will probably hand cut some of the gray background, haven't decided yet. I'll probably make the first box tonight. I do sort of an assembly line, like box top first, inside the lid second, and the botton last, then I cut the liners, and then the dividers. So it takes a while. I'll be lucky to get the cutting and gluing done tonight.

Marble # 40 Bouncing Betty and Golden Betty are named for team member Bruce Burkhart (Triker)'s mom. It was named by Triker.

The marbles are on a clear base with a white floater that forms white ribbons on the surface. It joins with yellow ribbons, oxblood ribbons, and blue aventurine ribbons. The ones without goldstone are named Bouncy Betty and the ones with goldstone are named Golden Betty.

bouncingandgoldenbetty.jpg