Jabo Private Runs

Great news! JABO has fired up a second machine and will consider taking orders for private runs to be run into May. There are apparently three in the works already. So any rumors you have heard about a last run are and were not true. It would be wise in the future to check when you hear rumors about a last run.

Industrial orders have been coming in slowly and all industrial inventory on the floor is awaiting shipment.

Keep up the great work David. Keep our jobs on shore!!!

Sounds like David will consider more private runs if there continue to be more industrial orders and the company is not sold.

There have been a couple of times when Jabo, Inc. believed a given special run would be the last run. Any rumors you heard were true at the time. However, things change and we are pleased that more runs will potentially be added.

It is thrilling to be part of a special run. I look forward to those runs that I will be part of.

Burt

The cost to be a investor is different from one run to another. Because the cost of most runs is different. Because of the number of investors,amount and types of base glass,types of addatives,etc. Some people have split one investor share in different runs,but of course they split the marbles for one share. The dollar amounts,the number of shares or people,and amount of glass used and marbles produced are different with most runs. This is why it is difficult for me to understand how people can say,print,or lump a certian dollar figure or cost per marble on these special runs. Many things are different on each run,including expenses,any profit for the work and risk. Equipment breaks,things get mixed or added wrong,experiments fail,on and on. I don't know of any run where there was any guarantee of the outcome,profit or loss.

I was and am HAPPY to have been included on some of the special runs. If the opportunity happens it is your decesion,and then its history good or bad. I don't know of any person forced into any run.

Things change week to week or maybe day to day at Jabo,like most factories and lots of companies today. Even more now because today is a lot different than a few years ago. But this also brings some things about quicker than normal. At least right now,today,there is still new and more things in the future of Jabo,if it is a month,3 months,a year or more ???????????

More rabbits to come out of the Jabo hat.

Im just curious what it would cost to be and invester and part of a Jabo run?

Me too, I wonder if anyone can say?

The cost to be a investor is different from one run to another. Because the cost of most runs is different. Because of the number of investors,amount and types of base glass,types of addatives,etc. Some people have split one investor share in different runs,but of course they split the marbles for one share. The dollar amounts,the number of shares or people,and amount of glass used and marbles produced are different with most runs. This is why it is difficult for me to understand how people can say,print,or lump a certian dollar figure or cost per marble on these special runs. Many things are different on each run,including expenses,any profit for the work and risk. Equipment breaks,things get mixed or added wrong,experiments fail,on and on. I don't know of any run where there was any guarantee of the outcome,profit or loss.

I was and am HAPPY to have been included on some of the special runs. If the opportunity happens it is your decesion,and then its history good or bad. I don't know of any person forced into any run.

Things change week to week or maybe day to day at Jabo,like most factories and lots of companies today. Even more now because today is a lot different than a few years ago. But this also brings some things about quicker than normal. At least right now,today,there is still new and more things in the future of Jabo,if it is a month,3 months,a year or more ???????????

More rabbits to come out of the Jabo hat.

So can you say what it would cost to be an investor and part of a specific run? or do investors just sign up and cost is calculated after, depending on what is used and how it goes?

Have you read David McCullough's letter of provenance that is posted at JABOLAND? The letter states that the idea for doing the experimental runs came from Steve Sturtz. It's clear to me that he knows more about the experimental runs than anyone other than David. His knowledge of JABO is broad because of the 3 books he's written about JABO. I was an investor in all 3 of the Tribute runs and our group always learns and has a great time working together. After the last run Steve said he was tired and wanted to take a break from doing marbles because they are so time consuming. I was thinking about asking Steve Sturtz if he would put together another run. Since he is the most knowledgeable other than Dave McCullough, maybe anyone interested in being part of a run should PM Steve. Maybe he could be talked into doing it again. (psia-antique) Edna

Most investors are invited to invest in or attend a run. The investor knows the cost and most details or plans for the run. But as i said no guarantee of how many marbles or what quality,just a equal share of the end product,same as the other equal share holders. People have and do ask to become a investor in a run. Each run,each group,each human is a little different,so this is general but not exact for each seperate run. If the word is out that someone may be interested,there is a good chance that they will get a chance to decide. If not, find someone to give you a helping hand to the people doing the run. They may or may not have space or shares avialable.

Not easy to answer some questions because each run is different and in several ways. People have said these runs are the same, the marbles are the same,but it is not true. If there was no change,all the same,why would there be excitement. If they were the same it would be boring and finished a long time ago. Hopefully each run,group,does,learns or finds something new, different and improves over the run before it. Otherwise it is all the same,boring and done.

Why would any marble collector not support (however possible) making marbles in the USA.

I understand all the uncertainties in discussing the cost of being an investor in a run. That said, could someone throw out at least a ballpark figure or two?

Fifty dollars?

Five hundred dollars?

A thousand dollars?

A gillion dollars?

Thanks,

Ann

• 2 weeks later...

Ron is right on. I love the fact that no two are alike. Even in between familys you can get such differences in the glass and how it comes out, it just blows the mind! I would like to see some mibs in the future along the lines of "less is more". I just love the first ones that rolled off the machine during the Friendship run! Clear base with ribbons of aventurine and mica, then add some thin lines of oxblood and mists of white! Wow! Those are killer!