2008 Jabo Classics: The Experimentals

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd128/p...ue/IMG_4994.jpgIMG_4994.jpg

Since this new format calls this section Classics and since another post is about a purchased book, I thought I would take this opportunity to plug my new book - a book I wrote. This new book is about all of the JABO Classic experimental runs of 2008 and tells who, what, when, and why they were made. It even gives production numbers by run so that each reader can decide about rarity of these runs by themselves.

I love it!!!! Get ya one soon!

Thank for the hard work Steve and Elizabeth! There is no doubt on the history and dates of the "special runs" because of you!

Love them or hate them they are some of the sweetest machine marbles to ever come off a set of rollers! Of course this is my opinion!

Bruce

Wow Steve! That cover looks awesome! I wish they could have kept the mibs overlapping without making a big white outline around them though. All in all it looks awesome! Who's your graphics man? They did a heck of a job! lol God Bless you and Elizabeth. Lot's of hard work and longs hours went into this book and it is fantastic. I love that I can use it to ID marbles that I have here. Before I just knew they were Jabo beauties, but now I can tell exactly when, who and what run they came from. Very, Very Nice work!

I think Triker said it well. I got mine out of the mail box,started reading while standing up and could not put it down. Then when i found the last page,i sat down. Lots of work,research,time and effort again in another book for the benfit of marble collectors. Just wait and try to find ,buy,or pry one of these away from someone, ten years (or less) from now,good luck.

I know the headaches,sleepless nights,deadlines,etc,the list is long. THANK YOU To Steve and Elizabeth.

Hmm, Griff you wouldn't be devulging a favorite fishing hole on this public board, now would you? lol! Is that the lake with the sixteen inch yellow bellies you were talking to me about?? God Bless!

Back up boys...I looked at page57 carefully and it looked fine to me. I saw a lotof words and a picture of a handsome old guy...looks like a mibster to me.

It's a great book to read, and like Ron, I had difficulty putting it down. Not only are Steve's books informational, they include graphs, dates, people involved and photos.

Perhaps it's just me but there is a sense of camaraderie when you read about the people involved in this 'living history'.

They aren't just marbles, they're the work of special people, who have a love of this art form and and these people have also set their places in marble history.

I thank Steve for this opportunity to gain knowledge by his time and the effort he has spent to be the historian. We are fortunate to have this to pass along to the generations to come.

Have a great weekend everyone!

:-) Felicia

It's a great book to read, and like Ron, I had difficulty putting it down. Not only are Steve's books informational, they include graphs, dates, people involved and photos.

Perhaps it's just me but there is a sense of camaraderie when you read about the people involved in this 'living history'.

They aren't just marbles, they're the work of special people, who have a love of this art form and and these people have also set their places in marble history.

I thank Steve for this opportunity to gain knowledge by his time and the effort he has spent to be the historian. We are fortunate to have this to pass along to the generations to come.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Thanks Felicia! As always, you are the greatest

Shucks Steve..I don't know about being great...I just know what I've learned and what I feel and think. I think the books are a great read and a wonderful learning tool for the marble community.

To me, it's like learning more about 'the big picture'...there's a lot involved and I think once it's understood, there's an even greater appreciation when looking at marbles.

I think every artist puts in a bit of him/herself into their work and I think Mr McCullough has shown that in his work. He's creative and innovative, willing to create more beauty in something so very small.

I may never meet him or see him at work and in action but I now know more about him and understand his creativity and passion for beautiful marbles.

Again, Thank you Steve, for making this become more 'real' for those of us who are on the sidelines.

Be well, be safe, be blessed.

Shucks Steve..I don't know about being great...I just know what I've learned and what I feel and think. I think the books are a great read and a wonderful learning tool for the marble community.

To me, it's like learning more about 'the big picture'...there's a lot involved and I think once it's understood, there's an even greater appreciation when looking at marbles.

I think every artist puts in a bit of him/herself into their work and I think Mr McCullough has shown that in his work. He's creative and innovative, willing to create more beauty in something so very small.

I may never meet him or see him at work and in action but I now know more about him and understand his creativity and passion for beautiful marbles.

Again, Thank you Steve, for making this become more 'real' for those of us who are on the sidelines.

Be well, be safe, be blessed.

Felicia, Again, thank you. You are so kind