Griff Is The Man!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Griff, he cannot discredit you here. Too many people know you and the kind of person you are. I would like to publicly thank you here for standing up for those of us who are being called "c"'s, bit--es, who--es , thieves, cheats, etc. on that vile, disgusting board. Thanks for posting Galen. Everyone needs to see what goes on over there. Why didn't you copy your posts over here? Why not the other vile things said about us? First amendment rights, eh? You have violated everyone's public decency rights. Edna

Griff, well.... hmmm.... Using that "C" words is like nails on a chalk board. There are just so many other ways to articulate to someone, to get your point across that their being an ass. Most people that post all the hate and discontent are either just plain ignorant of the facts, or that the world doesn't revolve around their ego. Griff is niether. Griff is a good guy and most of us here know it, or should by now. Sure he might smell like bait after a long weekend fishing, but hey, he's a helluva guy and I feel blessed to know him. If he's fighting battles on some sleezy message board and giving them hell, well my hat's off to him. I neither care to, or would like to, do battle online with a mess of ignorant people. My life has enough complications as it is and any stress from things online is solved with one swift motion. I just unplug.

God bless you Griff

Gary, Griff's post at the vile board was defending women from that word "c" and all the others. He was protesting what people over there were saying - not using those words himself. Galen saw a chance to embarass Griff by bringing it out of context over here. I believe it backfired. Edna

Anyone is more than welcome to copy my posts to this or any other board. I may not like some of the words used or even some of the stuff posted at Scotts but at least I do not get deleted. And again, I did not start anything on this board,. simply responding, and I would never use such launguage. so if you once again would like to make it out like I am the bad guy feel free. And if you have the time please read all my posts in this thread at Scotts. Don't believe I called anyone names. So goodbye again untill someone has something more to say or incinuate about me. And Edna dear, no one used the c word except Griff. You reall need to Get your facts straight. Peace,Galen

I totally understand Edna. I am just fussing about keystrokes really, lol. And he very well may have been mis quoted and used something like, "C8NT" or something along that line. I much prefer it that way instead of seeing that word. It's just plain nasty, maybe like the people he was responding too. I meant no disrespect to my brother Griff, he is a giant amoung men when it comes to honor, intergrity, and spirit. Griff is one of the good guys in my book, always was, always will be. God bless you all.

Galen posted:

When I was at JABO I heard someone ended up with $12,000 in their pocket at the end of one run. That was before a marble was ever sold.

At this point Griff told you to name names and produce facts. But you wiggled out by stating the following.

And heck maybe everything I was told was just BS. It very well could be, I have no proof of anybody making a penny they shouldn't have, But if my posting gets anyone just a little more of a fair shake in future JABO new run investing it accomplished what I hope for.

You accomplished again, defaming someone with no evidence. You made it up.

Then Galen, you stated:

As I said earlier I have no facts. Just a bunch of stuff folks told me when I was at Jabo.

Galen I wonder

why you started the thread to begin with if you have no facts, no evidence. You regularly make up stories about people and never name them. Are you really that jealous of that many people? Are you amoral? a liar? insecure? a sociopath? I'm not saying anything bad about you, just asking you a question.

One other thing:

Galen said "And all I have to go on is what Dave M told me. "

Exactly what did Dave M. tell you? We'd all like to hear that. Please quote him directly.

Edna

Enough has been said over there where I was posting. I do not make anything up. I don't have to. I may repeat things I

hear that others may wish were not repeated. Oh well. Anyone honest should not have a thing to be concerned about, and may appreciate the heads up. There is a real simple way to look at all this. Anyone that hasn't done anything wrong or immoral certianly should not be worried about hearing things that may in some way help someone out. I really wonder why trying to help the little guy bothers some so much?? And my post wasn't for those that have already been involved in runs it was just a heads up for those that may be thinking about being involved. And it was good information. Peace,Galen

As usual you failed Galen to answer the questions. It's the same thing Griff was complaining about. You have no facts, no evidence. You just want to stir up stink. If your statement "I do not make anything up" were true, you would have quoted your source. You would have bragged about what Dave M said to you. Since you won't quote it, it must be another of your lies.

Once again you have succeeded in taking a very complimentary thread and making it very ugly. You tried to make Griff look bad by taking his posts complaining about bad behavior and language at MKA out of context and posting it here. What a low blow you attempted. How small you act! On the other hand, you are a giant at ducking questions and wiggling out of your own postings. You made statements and I'm asking you to prove them and Griff asked you to prove them and you can't man up.

Galen, a friend sent me a copy of what was said about me, Steph, and Carole. We were all called everyone of those words Griff complained about . Griff was complaining about those words being used on us. I don't believe you haven't read that thread. You know exactly what Griff complained about. Edna

I rec'd either an email or private mesage from Galen this morning which after some thought I'm assuming refers to the Post I started here. He characterizes it as "showing my true colors." As usual though he skirts the subject, plays around the edges, obfuscates and generally allows himself an escape path when challenged. His usual modis operandi. He is so transparent it's pathetic. I sent the message along to Pete at Land of Marbles so that Pete could see Galen's 'true colors.

Oh yeah, he posits 'Jack' to me at the conclusion of his message as some sort of Bogeyman that is suppose to invalidate my standing. You figure! .....David Chamberlain

I have been invited to post in this thread. Frankly I didn't want to touch it because I know how my presence is likely to be made a distraction from the facts of the case. But here goes:

In answer to an allusion made at MKA last night, I didn't send Edna a list of women who have been badmouthed at MKA in inappropropriately sexual terms. My list would have been different from the one she posted. It would have had names in it of people whom I doubt would want to be mentioned in this thread. Abusive talk toward women is par for the course over there. Yuku usually requires a court order to remove material on bulletin boards, but the material viewable to the public at MKA is so bad that they have acknowledged it doesn't need a court order. Some has been removed. But Yuku's present stand is that each individual has to report the threads targetting themselves. And I don't personally recommend anyone stay there long enough to find all the places they've been attacked. Gary's response was the best. And Galen bringing that over word for word out of context was like someone taking a story told strictly in the men's room and telling it at the dinner table. It used to go without saying that this was wrong. Times have obviously changed.

I don't want to get into a list of all the offenses Galen or anyone has made. I could back my list up better than Galen can. Yes, Galen has a "minion". LOL. And they play immature tag team insult games. It doesn't matter what real points are made. They will just pick the funniest word they think they can get traction with and play it up for all it is worth.

If it doesn't get traction, they'll try again with something else. Throw it out and see what sticks.

If I were going to take apart and laugh out loud at any one thing Galen has said, it would be this refrain of what he has posted at more than one site where he is protected from rebuttal by people who claim to care about free speech but who have banned or failed to approve for posting more people than Lou has.

Galen's gem:

and I am amazed that even here some folks post that I shouldn't post what I do. I just don't get that. And I have to say It would be way too boring if everyone only posted stuff I agree with or wanted to hear. And I have never, and never would say that someone should not post their opinion,, And I have never given anyone a bad time for their opinion(even when I disagree) Isn't that what the forums are for???

At LOM, Galen once deleted a post of mine and threatened to ban me if I ever contradicted him again when he said a set of four marbles were WV swirls and I said I thought they looked like Jabo. He had responded first. I replied 2nd. There was no other response. He deleted my post and locked the thread. The owner of the marbles had to repost the pictures in a new unlocked thread to get an ID. Guess what the ID turned out to be.

That's not the only post of mine he deleted. I just point out that one because it was so funny.

He didn't only delete my posts. He didn't threaten only me with bans and time-outs. And it wasn't just people I knew, so it can't be all hung on my ooooh scarrrrry influence. ROTFLMAO. . . There was one particular occasion where someone had disagreed loudly with Galen and other board members but he'd calmed down and was waiting for evidence to support Galen's claim. And then while I was looking for the evidence, the man was suddenly banned. As I said, he'd calmed down on the board. He had not committed a bannable offense there. My best guess is that Galen sent him one of the letters of the sort Galen regularly sent me for a time telling me that I had better shut up or I'd be out of there. And my best guess is that the man who received his email wasn't able to turn the other cheek the way I was. He probably popped off to Galen in PM and that's probably why he was banned.

Of course I cannot know this, but I do know what Galen said to me in private, and if that man got what I got ....

According to Galen, I should only ask simple questions and only about my own marbles. And according to him, I shouldn't try to help out with ID's "for a few years". By Galen's arbitrary rules I STILL wouldn't be helping with ID's.

Pete had no idea at the time how much deleting and banning and threatening to ban or to give "time outs" was going on. Much less how slanted the application of the threats were. Pete did not know that while some people were being threatened for accurately id-ing Jabos ROFL, "valued" friends could say whatever they wanted no matter how provocative, and a person reporting it was made to feel they had hassled the moderator and the moderator was doing them a favor to ask the friend to back off a little. When it was finally brought to Pete's attention, rules were changed. Why is deletion of board members' posts now against the rules at LOM? Because Galen did so much of it. Why did Pete take over the reins and make himself the only one who was allowed to ban? Because of how Galen had been using that power in the past.

Galen is free to say whatever he wants at MKA, but it ain't all true.

Rumors hurt. And they can snowball into something monstrous and totally unrelated to truth.

Now what can we do about it? Arguing with 'em doesn't seem to be the answer. The snowball makers laugh. Arguing gives 'em little twigs and sharp rocks to put into their growing snowball. It doesn't matter what the truth is. They'll twist it to however they want.

Galen and others will still get backslapped for generosity when they share their happiness over their marble drops in playgrounds. Edna and those on the favored target list will still be called hypocrites for doing the same. A Kodak moment with a grandson turned into fodder for vulgarity. WTF?

And the most hateful thing of all is that Edna got on the target list for standing up to violations of the non-abuse rules of posting at one particular board. Unfortunately the person being abused at that board was #1 on that board's list of approved targets, and Edna had to pay for it. (One guess who favored target #1 is. ;-)

A wise woman once told me:

as medgar evers once said "don't waste your time hating someone, because the person you hate either doesn't know, or doesn't care."

be the person that 'doesn't care.'

It can be hard advice to remember. I slip. But it's some of the best advice I ever received. And it was a godsend at the time. (Thanks lady. :-)

Edited by modularforms
to clarify some references

I do not want to comment on the original topic of this thread, but am disturbed by Steph turning this into her personal vendetta, while she is the top person who stirred more stuff on any marble board in existence and even caused a huge exodus of knowlegable members to create another board just to stay away from this type of provocations. I understand why you all have this issue with Galen. He is a good friend of mine and I told him a week or two ago to stay away from this controversy. There is no point to it imo. I just don't like to see Steph getting back to him by taking advantage of this mess.

Sami

I don't have a vendetta. . . Sami, you have no idea who I am. I have been telling people all day long not to go on a vendetta against Galen. That was the exact word I used and asked people not to pursue. How many emails did you count today David which you were carboned, of me asking that not to happen? And how many did I write yesterday to you, David? This wasn't supposed to be about Galen. It was about the "men" at MKA and the behavior they wink at.

Even then I wasn't on a vendetta connected with myself. I did not care what was said about me at MKA. I was just sick to my gut that the men over there would not stand up and object when Edna was called the c-word and other perverted things were said about her. I wrote to Yuku about it. I only included anything about myself because it helped show the pattern of behavior, since I was one of 3 who got the c-word. I had contacted two men I thought were "gentlemen" to ask them why they would post at a place like that. One told me I didn't understand. One didn't respond. But it continued to grate on my sense of right and wrong and I finally went to Yuku. That's all. I was going through formal channels. I wasn't going to post anything here.

Then when Griff stood up against it, it was awesome. I still was antsy about David starting this thread, but it was truly gutsy of Griff to write what he did. He deserved the praise.

I definitely was not going to get involved in this because of attitudes like yours. Ask Lou what I said to him last night if you don't believe me. If I'm involved, it won't matter how awful a lie is or how atrocious anyone else's behavior is, because I am a horrible person. Well, I wasn't gonna let anyone let those men off the hook that easy.

Yet I was finally persuaded to post here. Why me? Because as you know, I have a lot of facts at my disposal.

When Galen involved himself as he did, the opportunity availed itself to put some facts on the table. Facts which he invited by repeating lies about how tolerant he is. His supposed "credibility" lets him get away with making fun of people here. Well, the people here have a right to defend themselves against that kind of attack, and if Galen gives them a defense on a platter, they have a right to use it. I was asked to help present their defense.

Perhaps you should have advised your friend to quit lying.

Edited by modularforms

I do not want to comment on the original topic of this thread, but am disturbed by Steph turning this into her personal vendetta, while she is the top person who stirred more stuff on any marble board in existence and even caused a huge exodus of knowlegable members to create another board just to stay away from this type of provocations. I understand why you all have this issue with Galen. He is a good friend of mine and I told him a week or two ago to stay away from this controversy. There is no point to it imo. I just don't like to see Steph getting back to him by taking advantage of this mess.

Sami

One more thing. One day the truth MIGHT be known about all the so-called provocations I made.

One day that evidence MIGHT be put on the table and it will be seen how rumors and b.s. can snowball when good people look the other way.

This is the most absurd, surreal situation. Everytime people started to see that I was okay, a certain someone and then later a couple of that someone's friends would jump in to stir crap up. I opened myself up for it by keeping on posting no matter what. So I stayed visible. I was an easy target.

I remember the day though when hrjane commented on how to an outsider the people pouncing on all my marble-related threads would look like trolls, not me.

And that's when lies started to be told about things I had done behind the scenes in emails. It had to be behind the scenes because it was not on the boards.

But still no one could produce any evidence of me doing horrible things even behind the scenes, because it hadn't happened.

But I was much less assertive then. Except in how I tried to just maintain and never give up and continue to act like things were normal. I had a lot more faith in other people's decency. I wasn't caustic even in email, not back then. I was trying so hard to get along and being laughed at for the effort. Anymore, I do get a little caustic. I'm so tired of being treated like a bad guy that now I answer back sometimes. But I still don't have a vendetta. I just hope that if I keep plugging, people will see me for who I am. In spite of the fun a FEW still have in keeping the fires burning.

I'll wait 'em out.

Edited by modularforms

Okay guys, and you know who you are LOL, are you sorry yet that you asked me to get involved?! I am! There's no winning this one. Just let them keep showing what gets them off and let's us enjoy some marbles.

Now how about bumping Jess' thread?! Again!

It's not about Steph. it's about Galen bringing trash over here. It's about Galen making statements, insinuations, accusations. It's about Galen trying to make Griff look like the bad guy, when Griff was standing up to the trashy crowd and their filthy, vile, obnoxious language. It's about Galen not answering questions about who said what, where he got his information, stirring up a stink over here again. We don't need it. We don't need anybody accusing Steph when all she did was point out what a liar Galen is. I for one was in trouble with Galen when I posted a letter for David Chamberlain. I was suspended for that. Galen wrote me tacky PM's. I don't post ever at LOM because of Galen's actions. Why doesn't he post his trash at LOM? Anybody else think Galen has it in for Lou and Sue? Just go over and read at MKA what he posts there. Lou is a dictator, a Hitler? If Galen doesn't say it, he condones it. Lou has tolerated this BS today when he probably shouldn't have. Sue has been called all the filthy female slurs too. Galen needs to share his sources of information about thieves or shut up about it forever. He needs to give all of us the facts instead of his made up stories about "someone" who said or "everybody knows". He always justifies it by saying he's only trying to protect the new people from being cheated. Galen needs to take care of Galen and let the rest of us take care of ourselves. Why haven't you answered any of our questions Galen? First Amendment Rights? Those rights involve being responsible for respecting others rights too. Galen did you ever speak out about the "men" making those slurs against any of us? No you condoned it and then tried to make it look like Griff was the guilty party. You have no excuse for bringing that trash over here.

Steph, somehow I feel like you are talking to some imaginery friends. I am sure I am wrong though. Edna, you are sentencing guilt by association. I don't think Galen went below the belt on that other board although some others may have. He just wasn't into facts as much as he demands other people should be into. Now I am asking myself why I let myself get entangled into this?

Sami