Marble Photo - Progressive Color Posts

Alan

I have an idea to loosen things up and "get back to marbles".

Proposal: This is a progressive marble photo thread - sort of a play on the "Color of the Month" threads.

Rules: I'll post a marble photo. The next poster chooses one color from the preceding post's photo and posts a marble photo that must have that chosen color present in it. The next person in line chooses any color in that preceding photo and posts their own photo with that color...etc etc. Single marble photos only (unless they are the same colors) - vintage or contemp. Have fun!

IMG_5937.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea! Obviously I can't put off getting a camera any longer. Your photos are always great, Alan -- what do you use? Anybody else who likes the results they get -- what camera do you use?

Thanks,

Ann

Great idea! Obviously I can't put off getting a camera any longer. Your photos are always great, Alan -- what do you use? Anybody else who likes the results they get -- what camera do you use?

Thanks,

Ann

Ann: I use a Canon G5 for most of my marble photos - and a DSLR for special photos. The key in camera selection for marble photos is the minimum focal length (its in the specifications) in the macro mode - and how well the macro mode works. Take a marble to the store when shopping for cameras - use the macro mode and see how well the camera focuses without too much fuss. You can also use close-up filters (I use Hoya) - but they are more fussy and not needed in most photos. An expensive camera is not necessary. Quality optics and lighting are FAR more important than resolution.