Flames

mswitzer3

in front of a rip roarin fireplace, I have to say they do have similar qualities...

In front of my single snap-on gas fireplace (The senior citizen's preference!!! LOL)That I just "snapped on" before I read this...

It's very interest how that's very true!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miser, if that's humble, I'll have to GROVEL!!! LOL

I don't think I have a really nice flame.... Those Germans are HOT!!!!

Ruth, Dani's are Gutta Percha... They were previously called papermache, for lack of a better name. But, I think we're much closer with Gutta Percha...

They are very rare and kinda, sorta feel like plastic, or sealing wax. Very lightweight and there's a few different types. I've never seen ones with that kind of pattern. The ones I've seen (I was lucky enough to run across 5, together, many, many years ago...) look more like this.....

post-3-125540843034_thumb.jpg

Question: Post #13, Zaboo ...what are those amazing things? You said they were non-CAC, got that part, but what else do you know about them? They are outrageously beautiful. (IMHO ;-} )

Ruth

Hi Ruth... they are made from Gutta Percha. very old. lots of people call them paper mache marbles. We had a 4 page article on them in our news letter a year or so back. :D

Since this isnt about flames anymore paper,jabos and bozos I thought this would be ok

AWESOME Lutz, Scott!!! If it's an old one, I don't think I've seen that combo before... Which seems odd... 'Seems like it should have been made more....

I think it's pretty cool that we can slide from "REAL" flames to marbles that look very similar... If we had to stay "STRICTLY BY THE BOOK" Ann & Ruth (and a bunch of others...) wouldn't have had the opportunity to learn about these...

Let's try to loosen up and ENJOY this hobby.... That's what we're really here for, right??

Stay Chill....... ;)

Miser, if that's humble, I'll have to GROVEL!!! LOL

I don't think I have a really nice flame.... Those Germans are HOT!!!!

Ruth, Dani's are Gutta Percha... They were previously called papermache, for lack of a better name. But, I think we're much closer with Gutta Percha...

They are very rare and kinda, sorta feel like plastic, or sealing wax. Very lightweight and there's a few different types. I've never seen ones with that kind of pattern. The ones I've seen (I was lucky enough to run across 5, together, many, many years ago...) look more like this.....

lol didn't we buy that one from you for about 600.?

lol didn't we buy that one from you for about 600.?

And I bought one of MY carefully-hoarded three gutta perchas from you, Dani! I love it, but not quite as much as the ones you kept! (Red one's a doozy)

Ann