Coral Swirls

m!b$

That last pic attributed to Les is new and interesting to me because of my respect for his fine eye. I have a bunch of these that I am going to look at more closely. When I first started buying them, I paid high CA prices then lower Champion prices. They are beautiful, for sure.

I can verify that Les posted that picture with those IDs but it was a long time ago. Not long before this, collectors called all corals CA for many years. Les changed the entire hobby with this picture and ID in an Ebay auction. At least that's when it changed for me.

Les went on to get heavily involved in the CA digs after this. I could be wrong but I think he changed his mind about the whole coral situation. The current feeling, far as I know, is that all corals were Champion.

It doesn't seem right to me somehow, to just group the clear green base killer corals with all the rest though. All the corals are attractive, but I really love the clear green ones.

Corals have been found in Pressman Bull's Eye bags. My impression, based on statements made by Ron, is that the swirls in Pressman bags would be Alleys.

Here is an example Al posted in a thread about a Pressman bag with corals in it. The company name is chopped off here though, so I am only guessing it was Pressman. Al?

post-60-1161105173.jpg

I am suspicious of that one also, and it's a corkscrew, too, so it probably is Akro. But it's on a translucent green base that is a similar color to the corals, and the coral color is very nearly like the other corals, so why couldn't it be called a Coral? I don't know, I'm asking.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kevin :)

Could you provide a link to Alan's luscious Ravenswood thread, please?

I think it's in the archives here on this board. I know I stumbled across it here. Maybe Steph's study hall? But I think it's in the archives - - -