Jabo News (This Just In)

Bocci

Hey ann, I already claimed dibs! If you call snorkeling in a freezing shipping channel with a fine net, dibs. lol I think if the day came and I decided not to collect anymore and the marbles were pretty much worthless to me, I'd find a nice park and seed the ground with them. Maybe someday a kid would pick one up and be as excited as I was when I had started, and then they would begin their journey. But my luck a baby would find one, choke on it, and I'd get sued back to the stone age for dumping them their, instead of in the trash. Maybe I'd skip the park and just send them all to some random person on, well let's say the Marble Connection. lol

Just because a marble maker signs his mibs, doesn't necessarily mean he is proud of them. I sign my marbles so the unscrupulous sellers won't try to pass them off as Jabos, to get more money.

mike b.

LOL, pure class. You are one of my favorites Mikey. Twistedly funny.

Hey ann, I already claimed dibs! If you call snorkeling in a freezing shipping channel with a fine net, dibs. lol

You get dibs on the fishing channel, me and Steve get dibs on the backyard. Guess now we just have to make him toss them in both places! I think that's progress . . .

And I want all those "worthless" West Virginia swirls. I thought Bob Block was the final word on that in his 1990s book when he would consign one West Virginia company after another to the dumpster with that deathly phrase "little or no value." David

just go down to your local five and dime and buy all the bags they have of Old Fashioned - mix em in with your current collection and enjoy! You can triple your "WV Swirls" collection in just minutes!

Well I suppose for someone who had not gained an appreciation and discriminating understanding of the differences amongst the numerous WV marble company swirls they could triple their collection by buying new foreign junk but there are among us many who have read the books, conversed with knowledgeable fellow collectors and handled WV swirls extensively such that we value them highly regardless of any shallow, misinformed and elitist opinions to the contrary. David

Well I suppose I could have slipped a notch or two on that one because I do regard highly the very recognizable and identifiable marbles produced by Vacor otherwise I wouldn't have given them sufficient consequence to write about them on numerous occasions.

I think though that on my way to my 50th college reunion in Maine where I'll probably be giving the alumni an hours long presentation on MARBLES* I could detour and provide Scott, or Bill or Harry (Marble Mansion) with some pointers on the considerable importance of West Virginia swirls. David

*28 minutes of which will be Joe Streets DVD on "How to Make a Marble."

Well I suppose for someone who had not gained an appreciation and discriminating understanding of the differences amongst the numerous WV marble company swirls they could triple their collection by buying new foreign junk but there are among us many who have read the books, conversed with knowledgeable fellow collectors and handled WV swirls extensively such that we value them highly regardless of any shallow, misinformed and elitist opinions to the contrary. David

Wahhahahah David! You are hilarious - have you forgotten that I have been collecting for almost my entire life and spent 5 years buying and selling Mega Marbles?? I have probably had more Vacor marbles pass through my hands in those 5 years than you can even imagine! My estimate would be somewhere over a million - I have seen and sold marbles made by Vacor that fooled even the best collectors - I used to post a game called "GARBLES" - anyone remember it? I would post photos of ten marbles and ask everyone to send in a list of ID's - whoever got them all correct - I would send a monthly prize - I would commonly put in a Vacor as a trick marble - and most of the time - no one got it.

I have seen a Vacor orange and black "Bengal Tiger" that you would swear on a stack of Bibles was a Peltier.

I have seen Vacor "Roosters" that you would never know the diffence from a Akro slag.

same with Neptunes (blue slags) same with the Serpents - (Peltier Superman), or the Van Gogh - (Peltier Cub Scout)

Oh yeah - they are not commonly mistaken - but I KNOW they are out there because I saw them one by one pass through my hands into my collectors bags when I filled them - I handled them - and it pissed me off the no end to see them get sold on Ebay.

So don't give me the crap that I cant tell the difference old man.

I would love to just sit a watch you cull through 2000 mixed WV swirls that have 20 Vacors in them and have you pick out 20 Vacors...just because it would be such a pain in yor arse.

I would put money on this one - you show me your entire collection of all of your WV swirls and I bet I can find one marble of what you call a WV swirl - ONE that is in your collection now - that I can find a near replica if I had the same number of Vacor Old Fashioneds to cull through as you have in your collection.

If you have 2,000 in your collection I get to cull 2,000 Vacors - done deal? Remember not WV swirls of your choice - but out of your entire WV collection - care to take the dare? LOL I found more than that on a weekly basis running Marble Mansion.

Heyyyyyyyyyy, settle down, boys!!! ;)

Your both very wise and you've both been around a while.

Let's try turning this into a fun and learning thing...

First off... Because it isn't about Jabos at all... Why not start a new thread??

It might be cool to toss up this challenge and see how it goes??

Who knows?? Maybe we can even get some prizes involved!!

I bet I could come up with a couple....

Whattayasay???

Just because a marble maker signs his mibs, doesn't necessarily mean he is proud of them. I sign my marbles so the unscrupulous sellers won't try to pass them off as Jabos, to get more money.

mike b.

I have a nice signed Mike Barton marble that's been on eBay for some time now. Only one watcher (is it you, Mike?) It's a real bargain at $10.00.

msb 07