Horseshoe Cats

Sorry about my pics. It's so hard to get good shots through plastic.

They're Gladding-Vitro bags. The larger bag has patch type marbles with very beautiful earthy colors. They remind me of the older Vitro Parrots as the colored patches cover the marble more. The smaller bag has a more traditional colored patch marble like bright red etc.

I'd have to yank the bags out from under the pile again to get more pics and I'm just feeling way too lazy right now LOL

Hi Pen,

Horseshoe Cats are basically cage-style cat's-eye marbles that kinda loop around within the marble into a horseshoe pattern. If there were a pic here you'd right off say, "Oh yeah!" Vitro while in Anacortes WA was particularly noted for making these in 5/8" size and larger. I am mailing you the CAT-EYE book by Castle & Peterson gratis whenever I finally get around to it. Sorry....been procrastinating what with prep work for a big Yard Sale and Gawds knows what else. David

LOL Gail, not to worry about the pics. Shoot, I'd be lazy and tired too after taking all those pics you have done so far not to mention going through all those marbles.

Pen, there's a lotta really kewl cat's eyes out there. Some have color combinations that are off the charts gorgeous!

:-) Felicia

What I don't like to think about is those high end, name marbles that might have been fried along the way over the years. Or for that matter ones that were sent sailing in sling shots. Before Jabo got a better handle on packaging I consigned more than a few pounds of them to wrist rocket practice. One morning I spotted a coyote about 1/10th of a mile away settled down on a ridge so I went back inside to get my wrist rocket and supply of Jabos(5/8"). The first one came down about 10 feet from him and he lifted his head to look over. I swear the second one came right down on top of him and he was out of there. "Some damn fool firing marbles at me!" "What's the world coming to." David

The pictures are amazing. Thank you.

My mom, as I recall, only like to fry cats as the clarity showed up the crackle effect best. Maybe nothing too spectacular got fried. I have two huge at least an inch that were part of the mouse also. Those damn mice were the tackiest things, she would glue those little googly eyes on them. I was always so offended by them I would take them apart as fast as she could make them. I was a teenager, what if a friend came over and saw the damn things.