Off Topic...trouble In Korea...

my son jason who teaches school in korea is in constant contact with the embassy there and is on a evacuation alert...theyll give him a 20 minute order to head to the ferry to escape to japan...i didnt think things were that bad over there but this sounds bad...when i was in on the evacuations of siagon and phon phen at the end of viet nam i know how stressful this can be....at least they want the americans out first!!

That will, of course, still leave something like 12,000 American soldiers stationed there and another 35,000 back-up in Japan so it's not like we are on the run. Definitely scary though particularly when you have a nutcase transitional government and a 1.whatever million army positioning itself for the worst. David

Do you know for how long your son has been on the 20 minute lead time or has that been pretty much standard procedure for some time. Tough! Our history since the Armistice has been so checkered in how we have followed through on our intentions vis a vie N. Korea and mostly we've let them go whacko off on their own w/o nary a smidgen of influence. What bothered me tremendously today was China not agreeing with the ironclad evidence that they had been provided with. Not a good sign. That bolsters that pin head of a ruler! David

Thoughts and prayers to you and your son Steve. Hope all goes well and a speedy return to our homeland. Call me if i can do anything to help.

(sorry i missed this important thread for some of the bull) Please accept my Apologies.

Bruce

i dont know david...i think its a reporting time to say hes comin or not.....hes got some kind of cell phone or beeper thats issued..i really didnt get that information.....hopefully he will ck in tonight when he gets ready for his day....ill ask him...when i was in s.e.a. i couldnt talk to my parents for a year now we talk almost daily via yahoo chat....

Honest, Steve. Jake took the car out alone last night for the first time. He was gone about four hours. I was a mess. I can only imagine how you must feel. I hope all goes well for your son. Please keep us posted.

It's great Steve that you can have instant connections but I'm sure the anxiousness is as high as it ever was when we had months of delay time between communications. I was nonplussed one day when I actually rec'd a phone message from some Sgt. during Desert Storm re. some care pkgs. I was sending. That was back around 1991/92 I recall. You can imagine what my pkgs. were like what with dealing in collectibles for many years. Even sent along marbles! Got a letter a few years later from some chap State Side remarking about the marbles! Amazing! David

Prayers are sent your son's way Duffy. I'm with Ric, even if your kids are close to home, you still worry about them, I know I do.

God bless him and all those there and see them to safety.

:-) Felicia

OK Steve.... I'm pullin' all my good Karma away from the squabbles here and redirecting to someone who really needs it!!! LOL

Mannnn, I hope all is going to be OK for your son..... Keep us posted...

He's gotta be a pretty special guy to go all the way to Korea to teach school...

It's so frustrating to think that we have people here (in the US) squawking about Obama not being born in the US and he's a Muslim and the Muslim's hate us..... Blah, Blah, blah....

('Sorry... I just keep getting these annoying emails....)

But..... No one seems to be paying attention to Korea and China....

Hello??? Has anyone looked at the economy of China vs. The rest of the world, lately??

While we focus on barefoot terrorists, in caves... China will OWN us.... :fighting-547: