Jabo 1" Inch Run

Hey Bocci,sorry about the thread jack.Ill make up for it,when I get the time,with photo's of both the 1 inchers,and the Odyssey run.Oh,yeah,pm me your mailing address,please.

Im not passive like some here on the boards.Anyone who want to crap on my plate,rain on the parade,or just out right insult someone who is my friend,your gonna hear about it.

Ill tell you what Galen,if you want to realy make a differance,in your crusade to protect the ignorant,your more than welcome to buy the box full from me at a buck a through.I think there is about 2000 in the box.You can make all your concerns dissapear,and all you have to do is write the check.

Im guessing your def,(or in this case,illiterate),because I said there was nothing,done intentionaly,as you are insinuating.

Your opinion,or dislikes,or insinuations,will never change the truth.Your suggestion will not be noted because your delivery sucks.You have nothing in it,and you are not going to control anything,even though it seems like you want too.

Now I have more important things to do,than address your concerns,straw man crap,and opinion.

First thing,ends with a wipe,and a flush,,,,,,,,definitly higher priority,than addressing your concerns,and probably more constructive.

Now on the positive side.The team,that Ed Parsons,assembled was the best,most casual,politicly free,group of marble enthusiest,I have ever had the privelage,to be a part of!

I kind of like my new knick-name too------SPRINKLES!!!!!!!

Now,Im going to fall in line,and add that this is my opinion.

(and just who's opinion would it be?)----LOL

several in 2007 and a few in 2008 until the first special run. :white-flag-25: Glad you all do not see anything bad about some of them. I even have a small collection of classics. Here are some and some 2006 bigguns. I never say anyhing bad about the new runs at Jaboland

2029271.JPG

IMG_0044_640.jpg

Tell you what Lou, since you asked so nicely I will go on a self imposed no bad talk about Jabos for 30 day moratorium. If I can handle it without exploding maybe it will lead to a longer length of time. Man I hope no one posts any that look vintage :music-rocker-001: And I hope I don't feel like a guy that doesn't stop to help someone getting beat up by some punks.

Yep,the insinations that our team had ill intentions realy helped everyone out????

Corncerns about what a marble potentialy,"looks like",is fine and dandy,by me,BUT the rest of it,well,,,,,,where can I get that crystal ball?????

I dont think they can make one,at Jabo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or can they?--LOL

I'm gonna get crap again, for defending Galen.... So, just SLAP me now....

Actually, I am NOT defending Galen.... I'm simply trying to bring two opposite views together, in an attempt to make them constructive, rather than DISTRUCTIVE!!!

Galen... Why make such a nasty insinuation BEFORE asking a constructive question???

Steve & Griff.... Why so serious??? (Pardon the smudged lipstick...)

You let Galen "Get You" every....single....time....

Griff, THANK YOU!!! Despite the unnecessary "Potty Talk"... You answered what should have been Galen's informative question....

This is a solid step forward!!!!

If we could simply just STOP the pissing, crapping and moaning...

Maybe we could LEARN why these marbles are NOT bad for our hobby...

These marbles are beautiful and somewhat accessible.... That can only increase interest in our hobby...

As long as we can capture and LEARN the reasons why they are NOT so similar to the old, we can prevent what Galen is afraid of...

That's gonna take co-operation, NOT mutual opposition!!

One of the reasons I've lost some interest in my collection of handmades, is the cost and unavailability of examples that can improve my collection...

Having bought some great marbles before the prices skyrocketed, I just CANNOT afford the level of marbles I need to improve... It used to be, I could find sleepers.... Now, those are few and far between...

I really believe the increase in contemporary marbles has kept my interest alive...

I've found a way to move forward, while still holding on to the past....

Sure... There are some contemporary marbles that are passing for old... If they are THAT good, well?? They've earned their place.

Are there some Jabos that will pass as old??? Maybe..... Are there so many that they will effect the value of old???

Rather than fight about it.... Let's LEARN???

Griff... Your information is invaluable!!! Thank you again!!!

If a few get by... History shows, it does NOT hurt us that bad...

Do CZ's hurt the diamond market??

OR, do they keep the diamond market alive, by allowing diamonds to stay current in fashion??

I like to think that these Jabos will enable our hobby to stay current and alive, by offering new and beautiful marbles to new and old collectors, at affordable prices...

The very CORE of Galen's concern is absolutely constructive!!!

NO, he doesn't need to be rude about it....

But... before he WAS rude about it, he's been slammed for his thoughts...

The opal market was very strong... Until, man-made BEAUTIFUL opals flooded the field..

These opals are better than the originals, hard to cipher from original and prolific...

YES, they have hurt the opal market...

This is what Galen warns against... It is REAL and it makes sense....

So... Let's focus on admiring these beauties!!

AND, learning why they are not dangerous to the old...

I keep waiting for a run of Jabos that I REALLY love!!!

Griff, these are really close!! The colors are lighter and brighter. It seems like Jabos are always leaning towards dark-ish, autumn-ish colors... I'm glad to see some real bright PRIMARY colors in there!!! :music-rocker-001:

Am I the only collector in the world who thinks oxblood is kinda ugly?? :blink:

No Sue,He does not get "us",everytime.He does provoke a response.That ok,it reveals his true colors,to all.Fine by me.

Give a guy a rope,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

If you think his insinuation,are not the equivilant to an unfounded, personal attack,then turn a blind eye,to everything,including what I have to say.

Maybe if some of this targeting,was directed at you,you might have a little more understanding,instead of this,,,,well,basicaly this,nothing stance you like to take.

If you dont care when your friends are insulted,then you realy dont have any friends.

Everyone of the jabo's,will pass for old,,,,,,to someone who doesnt take responsabilaty,for thier own,knowledge,or lack of.Also,will pass the test for the color blind,not to mention,they will pass,for the blind marble collector.

I guess I was wrong,when I thought,only the ingnorant would be fooled by these marbles.

Just completly forgot about the color blind,and out right blind.

Now,Im going back,to jammin some Allman Brothers,BBQ chicken,and sorting some incledible marbles.-----Check that,the mood changed to,"Oingo Boingo",,,,track 1

Oh,I forgot the potty talk,,,,,,,dang it!!!

"Sprinkles"

I revise my earlier statement

I didnt see potty mouth. and the insinuation was there, then got followed by, smaller ones from opposing parties. Warranted yea probably but they read kinda..

Griff, u had me at ur first post

on the second some points but didnt run as smooth and I lost myself try'n to keep up.

Galen I knew whar he was headed and didn bother much.

In the middle of his message there are points.

It means something to the hobby.

I only posted to revise my earlier position! so much for the short post lol

David

me,I know, lol

e.01: for what its worth,

I (think) I viewed it as I knew ur positions and Griffs marble info had me(new) but on the rest, I didnt sense anything new and probably misinterpreted from that point forward.

There where marbles but early on I got off that. lol

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: I went back thru the thread for the 4th time.

This time, I found a thread full of Info, Graciousness and well, the point....

At least 3 times I missed it, you know what I was read'n - well not!

UR words, how did they stand?

You tell us!

David

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tupelo: zz and afar now thats good points.

oh yea, I know its

HOT!!

As for there being "Just White & Oxblood?" I can't speak for everyone but from my own standpoint, I sure hope so! Let me repeat that.....I SURE HOPE SO!!!! Other color combinations with oxblood are OK and fine with me too. I figure that if one cannot distinquish between a Jabo and some vintage marbles, maybe the folks have way too much money, should not be buying in the first place or just like them and don't care. From what I can tell, only a couple folks have a problem with Jabo possibly looking like something or other and the rest of the folks don't care or maybe can tell the difference. I think that if I was going to plunk down some big bucks on a marble, I might want to be sure about what is was or get my money back if something was wong. Speaking of big bucks, some people plunk down many thousands of dollars for Jabo marbles......they just get a few more of them.

I like Vintage marbles.

For Machine mades if I want it, thars good chance something has wrung a "vintage" bell.

For me, I know what I want my marbles to look like,

My marbles!

Having said that, I cant imagine anything about those marbles, that is not topic for discussion.

Including What They Look Like.

Its the way Ur all of OUR thoughts are presented.

The main discourse has NOTHING to do with marbles.

Whatever your reason

When you respond with other than marble (fact)

pro/con matters not.

I'm not thinking what is (they) saying about marbles.

I'm reading your opinion on posters.

Take It somewhere Else!!

me - you - us

David

Read Your Words before responding to mine!

Griff... I honestly never expected that a guy as upfront about his thoughts, as you are, could be so easily offended!!!

My God, Man... Get a grip!!

I'm terribly sorry if your offended by Galen... I hate it when ANYONE here is offended!!

But, ya know.... At some point in time, here... Everyone either offends, or IS offended...

Most people can quietly stand back and not make a sound, or get involved...

I don't have that luxury....

If I stand behind everyone who is offended, I am offending someone else, who will bitch at me for that...

So, I guess your right... I end up with no friends...

OH, wait a minute... I DO have friends. And, I know who they are.

Their the ones who respect my right to disagree with them, or to try and make a point and not get all pissy about being "Offended" when there's a bigger picture to look at.

Crank up your Santana!! (GOOD Choice!!) Crack open a can, roast some marshmellows, get a hammer & saw, build a bridge and GET OVER IT!!!

From what I can tell, only a couple folks have a problem with Jabo possibly looking like something or other and the rest of the folks don't care or maybe can tell the difference.

I don't know how many times I have to try and make this happen...

But, can some of these people who have these marbles post comparison pictures, so that we CAN tell the difference???

It's tough to know whatcha ain't seen!!

I have listed and sold on Ebay some of what I called Jabo Mimics. Even called everyone's attention to them on this board. Was called a liar & cheat for doing so. I guess they never fooled too many people (after all, I did list them as Jabo Mimics) and I got paid for them like they were Jabo marbles. Maybe the reseller will try to profit from them?

Why is it that some of these negative, on thier high-horse, all upset about what Jabo marbles might look like, get as vocal about Vacor? Why don't they call the Vacor folks out by name, accuse the batchman at the factory of doing stuff to deceive people. Get on the horn to Mexico & Kansas and ask them to change the glass and colors to make one or two people on this board happy. Give me a break. I have to question the motives of those that continually crusade about Jabo here. What is the real deal behind all the crying and troublemaking?

Sue,you obviously dont have a clue,about me.You overestimate my level of emotional attatchment,to threads like this.Maybe you got one of those crystal balls,that Galen has.

You still have your dillusional relationship,with sp?Is he one of your "friends"?

I think you should just sit on the sideline,and stay there.(its safe there)

Is it ok,if I have something to post about your kids,that might be negative,totaly not true,but it gets the stamp of approval,just because someone respects my right,to express my opinion?Give me a break,,,,,,,,,,,Now you do know enough about me,that it would never happen,right?

Ill tell you,like anyone else,just erase all the words,that are posted,before the word,"but".

Id like to "third" the motion,that Mike Made,,,,,,,,,

There is a ying and a yang,but I aint no ying yang.

Going "marble blind" from sorting.

Advise for the marble buyer,based on rarity.If you get the chance to get a "good" 1 incher,or a good black odyssey,they are rare,not just because of the limited runs.

More than 2/3rds of the inchers and the black odysseys,were "culls".

This is fact,and not some sort of sales pitch.I figured I would volonteer this info,with present company,before someone wanted to make some insinuation about it,,,,

The campfire is still going,I think Limpbizket,a new york strip,and some toasted marshmallows is in order.Got some fresh Baily's for the coffee too!Did you ever dip a freshly toasted marshmallow,in Bailys?Its a 12,on a scale for 1 to 10.(but it could be an aquired taste).There I go changing my mind again,,,ITS ZEPPLIN O CLOCK,,,,,,,,