Jabo 1" Inch Run

And this from the tank wash (Ed Parsons). Man these are scarry good.Stringy oxblood. And look the same in hand.

Actually started to salivate when I opened that thumbnail. TMI?

Well, they're yummy! lol

I wonder if the purposefully tried to make Milky Oxbloods? Sure looks like it to me.

Uh-Oh Those are Jabo's? I'm confused They look just like milky oxbloods.... oops must have been the Birthday Cake talking. Nice milky oxbloods,carry-on.....I do like em

After all the talk that they would not purposefully make marbles that look like vintage types and my wondering if it would happen I guess my questioning has been answered. And I think it sucks. I am sure there are many that don't. I just refuse to believe it is necessary or good for the hobby. I bet I am not alone. I do not want or need to argue about this. I don't mind reading if or why folks do like them. Just don't like reading I am stupid or crazy for feeling the way I do. Thanks

so galen starts again...please note that my prediction that rick hall will be malkin marbles soon...time to start trashin marbles...its all their hairbrain scheme that they think belittling the last run will make their run better....can any one else explain this.....silence for weeks...peace in the community then the whinin and cryin starts...comon dude ...your transparancy layer is gettin thinner..

I am now 63 years old. I played marbles all the time in the 1950's. I collect marbles today because my mother saved a wastebasket full of marbles from my childhood which I rediscovered 25-30 years ago. There were some nice marbles in the wastebasket, which I still have, but except for a couple Popeyes,Peltier and a few others, nothing comes close to the colors and patterns of these special run Jabo marbles. As a kid, I never saw or remember seeing a flame,adventurine,cobra's or any of the other real nice exotic marbles on the playground or in a marble ring that we sometimes see photos of here. With that said, if Jabo would have been making and selling these little gems in the 50's, I think they would have kicked some butt and the whole face of marble collecting today would be much different.

We all need to protect many things in this world today but protecting folks from good looking marbles should be about the lowest priority. Yet somehow, folks get real passionate about it to the point of.......well, lawsuits, name calling, fistfights and you name it and all about little globs of glass. Maybe we should all go pick up some little and big globs of oil off the beaches and animals instead?

I went to the Carnegie Museum yesterday and was struck by how much new stuff you can buy that looks like really old stuff. Nobody at the museum was standing on a soapbox protesting about a vase, furniture and just about everything that might look like something older and maybe or maybe not better.

Seems like these mibs are the best of both worlds. Got the great ox, plus a distinctive color to set them apart from vintage. Just what the doctor ordered. At least, I'm not familiar with akro oxes having chartreuse.

The partners in the run are Ed parsons,Bobby Newman,and me.

Galen,you know exactly squat,and should not make such,assumption,about what was,or was not attempted.At least you should keep it to yourself,until you KNOW something.

Here,Ill lay you out some facts.

Started with trial,white base.

Goldstone was dropped,at 11:08,and appeared in the stream,in 15 minutes.

6 bars of color,were dropped,at 11;12,(4 yellow,and 2 reds).This began to appear in 12 minutes,past the drop.The transparent red,did not come in,or was covered.

The next drop,was 2 apple greens,at 11;35,and it appeared,at 11;45

Opal white,and transparent orange,added at 11;40,and appeared,at 2 minute,and 10 minute.

Just to get thru it quikly,tan,mustard,wine/plum,more oranges,and reds were dropped.

There was no,ill intentions made,and if you have an eye for detail,such as,"The only true oxblood,is mycrocrystallline",then you should have no problem,telling what is,or is not akro.Looking for the "marks"is no longer the "giveaway",Marie.

Of course,the statment that Jabo,never used "true oxblood" is over,thanks to some guy that applied akro oxblood fritt,to marbles at jabo.

Oh yeah,by the way,the myth that jabo never used black based glass is over too.Thats guaranteed,as of June 1st,2010.

I would be more concerned,about the "schedule" that was made,for the one inch run.Everything,that was ordered,put in the tank,WAS,an attempt,to match up with peltier color combo's.Specifically,superman,,,,but with lutz.

I think they over estimated on the amount of strike glass,that was required,because at least half,of the glass rods were left over.Are the investers,planning on doing another run,with the glass?I think there is more than enough left over,for a 3/4 run,,,,

Yeah,there might be some available,from Ed,Bob,or Griff,,,,,,

I believe they have the right to make any type marble they want. I do not have to like it if they choose to make imitations of vintage mibs. And much of the goldstone Ox appears to be true Oxblood glass. Maybe it wasn't completely intentional but adding another color first sure would have eliminated the possibility of dead on mimics.

So only a few minutes of White and Ox, guess thats better than a few hours. When even Bocci says they look like the real deal(milky Ox) I gotta believe they do.

I've been pondering these things for some time now and yanno, there's only so many colors on the planet, then put it into glass, then only so many types of compatable glasses, then there's this little orb that tries to contain that, so what I think is that somewhere along the way, you're gonna get some that have a similarity, whether you try for it or not, it's gonna happen from time to time.

It's still something beautiful that someone will be able to look at and enjoy. There's simple beauty in a small glass orb or a walk through the park or a meadow, watching clouds and finding images....

And this new run....too kewl!

:-) Felicia