Picked Up A Jar Of Mibs, How'd I Do?

glangley

The most intriguing ones are the black with the white, red and yellow. One has what looks like a melted pontil on one end, kind of a raised circle. They are just too cool. Any thoughts on what those might be would be appreciated. Very cool jar of mibs, still can't believe I found a bee with so much aventurine. lol It's a good day!

post-1945-12866587121_thumb.jpg

post-1945-128665874637_thumb.jpg

post-1945-1286658786_thumb.jpg

The other red, yellow and white. This one is a bit smaller, with no visible pontils or cut lines. It reminds me of a Vacor, if not for the pontil on the other one. Just really cool looking mibs. But what the heck are they? lol

post-1945-128665916379_thumb.jpg

post-1945-128665918021_thumb.jpg

The black ones with spots are Vacor. I love those marbles! They are so much fun to stare at! Galen thinks I am smoking something or did a little to much LSD.But I swear I can see all kinds of different very detailed objects. I take the marble and roll it around and thing just pop out.In your pictures the first spotted marble I saw a Polar Bear right off the bat! And a Baby Seal and Ghost! Galen will tell you I am crazy and I am not! Well maybe a little bit! I am going to look at the pictures again!

Now you really are going to think I am a nut! The middle picture of the black marble with colored spots. Just stare into the middle of the marble. I see two old men standing together with hats on and long black coats with white pants. There is scary things in there too! Man, I sure hope someone else see's something. I have to face Galen in Vegas.

I saw the polar bear too, lol! Yeah out of all the ones I picked up those two are just too cool. :) There is also a crazy red cork with what looks like blue and green. I see eyelashes on that one, but I see things like polar bears and old men in marbles too. lol

Now you really are going to think I am a nut! The middle picture of the black marble with colored spots. Just stare into the middle of the marble. I see two old men standing together with hats on and long black coats with white pants. There is scary things in there too! Man, I sure hope someone else see's something. I have to face Galen in Vegas.

But did you see the polar bear and also the panda? I think I'll go look at them a little longer!...nancy

I found a cool 3D MAGIC EYE picture using marbles. I couldn't get it to copy here and didn't want to send people to a site I'm not sure of so I made a private page on my real estate search website one can only get to with this link. If you'd like to see picture feel free to check it out!

http://www.everyhomeinutah.com/fine/real/estate/3d/custom

Nancy

That blue/red marble, I have one just like that. If it's got a diaper fold in it, it's a Christiansen. And worth a lot. O_O

Any chance you could get a pic of the fold?

Which one are you thinking? the smaller one? or the patch? I would be happy to take some for ya and post them up. I have forgotten what that fold looks like and my books are packed away.

Which one are you thinking? the smaller one? or the patch? I would be happy to take some for ya and post them up. I have forgotten what that fold looks like and my books are packed away.

The one with the blue and red stripes. Regardless of what others say, I'm really leaning towards CAC on it... the more I look at it, the more it looks exactly like the one I have.

What I'm posting is a very poor angle of mine, but you can at least see the coloration. The one on the left is the same coloration, the one on the right is of the same type, different colors. I have a peltier that does look similar, but the colors in yours have a slight overlap (notice the slight darkening in some sections of the blue), which is not something found in pelteirs of that type.

post-2769-12867470606_thumb.jpg

Normally I'd listen to somebody on this board, especially you, Jeeperman. But I had three very experienced dealers take a look at the marbles at a show, all three confirming that they were CACs. When I get pics from the opposite side (with the fold), you'll probably see what I mean.

I still want to see more from the one from the jar!