Wow!!!

MC Marbles

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious......with all those Sulphides including the 17 uncommon ones you'd think there would be at least one sulphide with color. I'd be interested in hearing comments regarding the End of Day marbles. To me they have a contemporary cast to them but then I'm not terribly familiar with high end End of Day marbles. Needless to say this is out of my $league$.....David

the ending price will surely be less than they are worth as a whole. 12k is my bet. Wow x infinity :)

Craig

So to find the reserve just bid a lot then it will go to the reserve as it will do that then just retract the bid and it will go back unless it is a deal , but if interested just ask for more pictures and get he email address as deals can then be done. SO who will bid and retract to find out ?? I will ask and try and get the email address . MIKE

I bet the 100 bucks (or less per marble) isn't far off. Lots of small marbles in there, and its a large group = large sum of money. They should have broke the collection down if they wanted to increase profits. But, perhaps they wanted the collection to remain together and go as a whole. I'd love to have it myself.

I don't think keeping a collection together should ever be the primary motive. You never know what the buyer is instantly going to do so your intentions can immediately go out the window. Do you really think it's an in its entirety intact collection? Better chance that it's a purposely presented group. I'd still be interested in some comments re. the End of Days. Other than the uncommon Sulphides those should be the money marbles and they look 'different.' Would appreciate comments about them by someone like Lloyd.....David

I don't think keeping a collection together should ever be the primary motive. You never know what the buyer is instantly going to do so your intentions can immediately go out the window. Do you really think it's an in its entirety intact collection? Better chance that it's a purposely presented group. I'd still be interested in some comments re. the End of Days. Other than the uncommon Sulphides those should be the money marbles and they look 'different.' Would appreciate comments about them by someone like Lloyd.....David

Nevermind......

Edited by catfish

well here is the scoop I bid $111,000 and that did not meet the reserve , this is an auction just to show off as ebay has free listings , I will now retract my bit . It went to 12,100 with my bid . Mike

Marbles - fantastic marble collection

Current price:

$12,100.00

Your maximum bid: $111,000.00

View Item | Go to My eBay

Whereas the Description states all are Mint or NM it appears that the seller has backed off considerable from that in the Question boxes by admitting that numerous ones have dings and hits. I suspect whoever gets this unless they are not terribly discerning will have a painful experience examining marble after marble. And the seller also states that he has never looked at his marbles with a magnifying glass in addition to being rather squishy on the matter of what Mint means. This appears to be a troublesome auction. I wouldn't touch it with a twelve foot pole. David

I've asked for pontil photos of the eight End of Day marbles and he has stated that he is at max on eBay photos and also cannot remove a photo to add another but he is emailing me photo(s).

I also asked how many actually have dings and/or hits and he only gave me figures for the eight End of Days so I repeated the request for the lot. Will provide particulars when I receive them but I have no idea how to transfer an email picture to a Post here at Marble Connection. Anyone care to guide me through that? If you can do that figure I am computer stupid! David

O.K. I got a picture of the eight End of Day marbles pontils-up but the photo is blurry and/or the pontil is somewhat indistinguishable. Seven of these have what I would describe as English colors. Either that or bright contemporary colors.

Re. condition he says: "Most bigger swirls and Onion Skins have some dings or smaller hits. Most of these marbles came from auctions and dealers and were described in the range between near mint and mint. But this is always a point of view. But if you are really looking for absolutely flawless marbles then you would probably be disappointed." Ron

The guy sounds sincere.

I'm betwixt and between on what I can or cannot see in the pontil picture. They are either impossible to see or there are three that look very much alike and there's one that for all appearances is perfectly legit. As stated....bad photo. David

I've asked for pontil photos of the eight End of Day marbles and he has stated that he is at max on eBay photos and also cannot remove a photo to add another but he is emailing me photo(s).

I also asked how many actually have dings and/or hits and he only gave me figures for the eight End of Days so I repeated the request for the lot. Will provide particulars when I receive them but I have no idea how to transfer an email picture to a Post here at Marble Connection. Anyone care to guide me through that? If you can do that figure I am computer stupid! David

You can usually regular (left) click on the photo in the e-mail hold it down and drag it to your desk top where you can upload as usual. If that method doesn't work then download the picture to your desk top (or somewhere you can find it) and upload as usual...the last, and my least favorite method is to right click the picture and save it to whatever photo or graphic editing program you use (Picasa is a pretty cool free download that handles photo editing from Google) and save it from there as a jpg to somewhere you can find it and upload as usual...Hope this helps....Nancy

Here is how bad it is for me Nancy.......

First I have no "usual!"

Second "drag it to my desk top?" What's my desk top? Where is it?

I don't even know if I have a photo or graphic editing program. I suppose I'll have to ask someone.

This is exceedingly embarrassing as you can see I don't know dick. I suppose I really should take some Adult School Computer 101 Course.

On this one pic though be not dismayed because it's kind of crappy for what I wanted to see.

Again, "Upload as usual?" I have never uploaded!

David