Historic Photos Discovered

duffy

Good picture hard to find. Not many pictures taken in that time frame or saved,compared to today. Cameras were expensive and a luxury item then. Steve,can you sort out which building was the marble factory? There is five listed on the back,but i am having trouble sorting out which building housed what? I am comparing this to the picture in Americam Machine-Made Marbles page 40. That shows the RR,Wissmach and Alley very good. Was the picture you posted from the library. I think Paden City library also had some good pictures of the button factory,Wissmach and Alley building.

it was in a collection of picture of a friend...i just saw it on the internet...im gonna see if i can see the origional...im thinkin it was a copy of a copy...that low building on the right ended up being part of corning...

Something has me confused here. I thought the Paden City Alley marble factory was beside and just south of Paden City Wissmach Glass which is a good distance north of present Marble King. Also the picture has the date Alley 1928-1935. Alley was in Sistersville 1931 & maybe 1932. Then he was in Pennsboro 1932-33 until 1939. I thought a newer house now stands where the Paden City Alley marble factory was located. ????????

dont know ron...all i know is what is written on the picture..we would have to ask the owner of the picture?? i always thought that wissmacs glass was moved to its present location....from down on the other side of the street....i dont know why...can you read whats on the water tower??i would like to see the origional of this one!!!