Extremeley Rare Handmade Swirl: Latticino Core With Lutz Bands!

Hello everyone, I got this really awesome swirl today. A latticino swirl with 4 lutz bands as outer decoration! The colored lines around the lutz bands are exactly the same color as on banded lutzes, so probably by the same maker. It has a lot of scratches and tiny pinpricks but what a rarity! I'm looking forward to hearing your reactions. Does any of you also has a swirl with Lutz bands?

post-92-0-02349700-1331033790_thumb.jpg

post-92-0-99705500-1331033801_thumb.jpg

Jeroen,

Another Great and unusual marble for our enjoyment. Thanx. At a show years ago I did have the oportunity to see what appeared to be a banded lutz that had a white latticino core. It was definetly an interesting marble but had little eye appeal and really didn't appear to be intentional whereas yours obviously was done as part of the design. The one I saw made me think of the onionskins that will occasionally have a core which I think was just not wasting glass by the maker. Bill

Cool marble and looks like good symmetry with the pattern. I've only seen one other latticino with lutz but it was such a fine band I doubt it was intentional, Yours definitely looks intentional. I've also seen a clear banded lutz with purple bands and a red solid core (ok, it was really more like thick strand than a core) but still unusual for that type of marble.

Hard to tell from the pics, what size is that beaut?

Cool marble and looks like good symmetry with the pattern. I've only seen one other latticino with lutz but it was such a fine band I doubt it was intentional, Yours definitely looks intentional. I've also seen a clear banded lutz with purple bands and a red solid core (ok, it was really more like thick strand than a core) but still unusual for that type of marble.

Hard to tell from the pics, what size is that beaut?

Thanks for your reaction! the size is 3/4". The damage looks a lot worse on the pics than it actually is.

Jeroen,

Another Great and unusual marble for our enjoyment. Thanx. At a show years ago I did have the oportunity to see what appeared to be a banded lutz that had a white latticino core. It was definetly an interesting marble but had little eye appeal and really didn't appear to be intentional whereas yours obviously was done as part of the design. The one I saw made me think of the onionskins that will occasionally have a core which I think was just not wasting glass by the maker. Bill

You're welcome, Bill. This is also the first swirl of this type I've ever seen.

stunning marble jv,,,bj

sorry have to say this, its been bottled up to long,,, steve, everytime i see your name i think of that movie with adam sadler where he has that kid that has a doll called scuba steve,,, i am a little lacking on the focus front so everytime i see your name i laugh out loud,, loved that movie,,, sorry for the high jack