Vintage Raisin Bran Tv Spot - Marble Giveaway

I was trying to find the original TV ad for the Pageant Fried Marbles set that I posted here this morning when I dredged up this Post Raisin Bran Marble Promotion. This ad marks the Japanese Catseye invasion, the death knell for many of our country's premier marble manufacturers.

I don't think any Japanese catseyes were in these bags - those are Peltier bananas and other tubes I have seen have Vitro Agates or Marble Kings in them...yes catseyes may have shut down soem factories who could not adapt to new style but big chnage was a change in interest of kids in playing marbles..

Don

Don, I thought the same exact thing. The cateyes on the cat display and all he shows look Peltier single vane. Plus, they talk about trading favorite colors. Japanese would have all been the same colors. There are one or two more variaitons of this ad on the site. One is for the 10 pack mini boxes with marbles.

Craig

Thanks Al. To clarify my post, the ones at the beginning in the pile are obviously Japanese. The ones on the cardboard cat cutout in the eyes, etc. look single vane like Peltier. And in the second commercial, in order for kids to be trading colors, they couldn't have all been Japanese. Great display of the sleeves. Best I've seen yet.

Craig

The ad shows the boys trading marbles. The Japanese 4 vanes all look identical with 4 colors. In order for there to be trading, it seems you would have to be using Vitro, MK, Peltier that had different colors in each marble. Haha...man, sometimes it's best just to lurk. I didn't mean to make a big deal out of this. :lol:

LOL! Still not following you, but i'm painting my house so it may have more to do with me huffing volatile chemicals :( FWIW, Japanese cat's eyes came with vanes all the same color or multiple colors in one marble, so the same color combo options are available in both the Japanese and the American marbles.