Hmmm . . . Metal Pelt?

Ric

Sorry about all the reflections . . . it's about 5/8". The base is dark green transparent that looks black in normal light. The blue patch has a metal ribbon in it and wanders sort of like a script Vitro "V". It reminds me a lot of a Bruiser but . . . ? Any thoughts? Thanks.

2058263400104684377S600x600Q85.jpg

I was hoping you'd see this one, Clyde. Thanks for the confirmation. I had a feeling I'd seen or heard of a metallic bruiser before. How common/uncommon are they - any ideas?

I have owned two Peltier Bruiser PPPs, and both had an amberish base. Just an observation. I think somebody (maybe Vacor) makes or made some marbles that look very similar to PPPs. Of course it's possible mine weren't Pelts and yours is.

I have 3 bruisers. 1 amber based, 1 green based and 1 green based with matalic. The metalic ones are definately in the hard to find category. Bruisers themselves are not as hard to find. You do see them come up for sale every couple months. Waiting to find a nice one would just require a little patience. As to the ratio between between green vs. amber? I would say there are more green based ones. Vacor did make a version of this type.

Ric, a very nice pelt for sure, gotta love the metallics!! These types are not that easy to find and when i see them i grab them if possible. They enhance a collection tremendously. Now can anyone explain the reasoning behind, why peltier produced a few of these? Was it in the process or color formula or poaaibly added foriegn materials and so on and so forth? I am curious towards what some of the members have to say about this? Chuck G--

Ric, a very nice pelt for sure, gotta love the metallics!! These types are not that easy to find and when i see them i grab them if possible. They enhance a collection tremendously. Now can anyone explain the reasoning behind, why peltier produced a few of these? Was it in the process or color formula or poaaibly added foriegn materials and so on and so forth? I am curious towards what some of the members have to say about this? Chuck G--

My theory is that the metallic came out accidentally due to some sort of excess or otherwise uncontrolled quality of the metallic elements used to make the blue glass.

The relative rarity of these suggests to me that it was relatively easy to stop this from happening with the dark blue glass ... perhaps easier than it was to control the appearance of oxblood in turquoise glass.

After taking lunch resting on lawn chairs and imbibing several beers to wash down their bologna sandwiches with mustard on rye, the lads took at a swipe at a charging bull ox loosed from an adjacent field with the only handy implement of defense (a shovel) and all evidence of their dastardly deeds was summarily pitched into the tank containing the washout run and until now no one was ever the wiser.

True story. Told to me by the grandson of a former employee who was found in the walls of an attic clutching a piece of paper on which he wrote (according to family legend) this strange story before dying of dehydration after having been plastered in by workman who had been fired by the plant because there were certain tools missing and some strangely colored marbles produced which they claimed they knew nothing about.

Please see my ebay listing.