No Longer Selling Jabo's

It has come to our attention that Walt McKee states that he is selling off all his JABO'S. I have checked my books and Walt McKee has not purchased any marbles from JABO INC. since 2008. I cannot see how this will hurt us. You don't miss what you never had. I have found a large number of people selling JABO'S and am curious where they were buying them?

Joanne Argabrite,

President JABO INC.

Insert 10 foot pole - So what you are saying is that there are marbles of questionable provenance for sale on the open market which were manufactured by your company, for which there are no original sales records? Just making sure I'm not reading between the lines....

It has come to our attention that Walt McKee states that he is selling off all his JABO'S. I have checked my books and Walt McKee has not purchased any marbles from JABO INC. since 2008. I cannot see how this will hurt us. You don't miss what you never had. I have found a large number of people selling JABO'S and am curious where they were buying them?

Joanne Argabrite,

President JABO INC.

Walt has been pretty low on inventory for quite some time. He's been getting out of selling Jabos for a couple years now, due to his health not allowing him to physically handle it, and has only stayed in this long to sell off the little remaining marbles he has purchased from investors, and a few classics that he earned for helping Dave with the run(s), when not enough staff was on hand. Gone, are the latter. The contract runs were the the big blow, as so many people are now competing for sales. It's tough to really make any money when you pay $300, to $500 for a case of marbles, and are lucky to find one, or two hundred of real quality that can be sold to a collector. With the prices running around $1 each at point of purchase, and dealer, to dealer, one can easily deduce the low margin of profit.

The large amount of people selling marbles got them from the same places as everyone else. You'll find most of them were either invested in runs, or bought from investors, usually predetermined. Some are further down the line, buying as the third, or fourth person. The few dozen buyers of classics from the '90's, on through 2008, and beyond, still have marbles that they have been distributing all this time. Every once in a while, an avid collector will unleash a nice collection for one reason, or another. You can find big jars, and cans of Jabo marbles at nearly every flea market withing a few hundred miles of the plant. They're everywhere. The trick is, finding the rare, and undamaged ones.

It has come to our attention that Walt McKee states that he is selling off all his JABO'S. I have checked my books and Walt McKee has not purchased any marbles from JABO INC. since 2008. I cannot see how this will hurt us. You don't miss what you never had. I have found a large number of people selling JABO'S and am curious where they were buying them? Joanne Argabrite, President JABO INC.
Sissydear if what Joannes books say are true please tell me how walter could of been selling the contract run marbles at the shows from 2008 till now ? now some of the contract run I can't say not sure but the jabo joker frankies gold metals and the elites runs I know were thay came from Dave received 1/3 of the run by waving the start up fee NOW IF thats the case wouldn't you say Joanne would have or should have that some were in the books I MEAN THE MARBLES WERE MADE AT HER PLANT WRIGHT? tell us please how could he be selling them at the shows and in private with out Joanne having it in the books maybe she didn't know maybe i'm just saying maybe Dave didn't make her aware of the run ? now that would explain it wright ? the picture gets clearer and clearer don't it

The way they are handled(mostly a necessary evil) and the glass and equipment resulted in a large percentage of less than perfect marbles, There were a few runs that had very good percentage of unflawed marbles. And when your turning out 100,000+ lots can be damaged.