Ebay As A Wholesale Market

Jereon, Why be sarcastic and find fault with someone for using the word rare. You are probably the last person on this board that should be calling anyone out for verbage used in their posts. You are becoming very annoying IMO

Galen,

Before this post was made, I had in mind to ask question about machine mades, because I do know almost nothing about them. On the website: http://www.usadisplay.net/antiques/marbles/marpalrare.htm

They are asking up to almost $4000 for them. I was just curious what rare means with machine mades. Rare is subjective of course. If there are 1000 marbles of the same kind, but 10.000 collectors want one, it can still be a rare marble for collectors, because it is hard to get.

But is seems that you are picking on every marble that I post. I can't say with handmades that they are rare, but for machine mades it is ok? I must say I get sick and tired of you!

To post one unusual machine made results in many many posts. Some post a very RARE (not me) example of a hand made, and you have to be luck to get af reactions. I just think the hand mades deserve a little more attention!

I would say they are very rare. And Jereon you are entitled to your opinion, and there are others sick and tired of me. Thank goodness I know I can't please everyone. And maybe someone will buy that excuse but you won't get a penny from me(LOL) Why wouldn't you start a new thread asking what rare means in machine mades? No need to answer I already have gone too far with this, sorry folks.

It is probably a question that needs to be asked and answered. What makes a machine made marble 'rare' and is a 'rare' marble more desireable because it is 'rare'? I would think if it had an ugly color combination it could be terribly 'rare' and no one would want it.

How rare is the 'Blue Galaxy' as compared to other 'rare' pelts? Which pelts are more 'rare' than other pelts?

Galen and Jerone, you both have a choice as to how you react to each other. Neither of you 'have' to take what the other says as if it were aimed directly at you. (Most of the times, it is not, but just catches the other at a vulnerable time on a bad day when everything else is going wrong) It is a choice that you make. Why not try simply not reacting? It just might work....lol

savage 28 wrote: A rare peltier mib...

and what is rare in this case? How many blue galaxy's are there? 10, 100, 500, or even more?

I don't have any numbers to validate my off the cuff statement, but in my experience, it's Peltier's rarest/most sought after mib, that know I of....which isn't saying a lot, compared to some of the other folks visiting this board...lol.

Jereon, Why be sarcastic and find fault with someone for using the word rare. You are probably the last person on this board that should be calling anyone out for verbage used in their posts. You are becoming very annoying IMO

He does, doesn;t he :)

haha

I got no issue with him, to be honest. I have issue with the presented context of HIS are valuable and everyone else has peasant type marbles :)

RARE I TELL YOU !!! IT'S RARE !!!

Also, the CONTEXT of the OPs thread here was she tried to tell me ebay was Wholesale and implied they were not real prices, only wholesale pricing.

I started this thread for one reason and one reason only, and that was to get other peoples opinions as to whether ebay could be a wholesale market. I never said that it had to be a wholesale market in all instances, and believe it or not, but it had much more to do with learning and also coming up with a fun topic, talking about the best buys we have made and the highest profits, and very little to do with my dispute with you....... and it has been fun, hasn't it guys? This has been a nice and fun thread. Why do you have to come on and try to turn it negative? I refused to sell you my marbles....you're pissed....get over it...... learn by your own mantra

I don't want to see anybody's thread hijacked and especially not new members' threads. And I especially don't want to see it when the hijack involves personal insults and discussion of private communication. (This is in reference to a post which is no longer in this thread.)

Thank you.

Now that I know how very rare and how desirable the blue galaxies are, I won't be satisfied until I find one out there somewhere in the 'wild' !!!!!! Thanks for your input and teaching me about this rare marble and super find on Ebay. I guess as much as we complain about the site, its good for something !!!! I keep thinking that that one find that everyone else has somehow missed, will turn up in my post office box !!!!!

I am sorry, it was not my intention to hijack this thread. It was better to start a new topic. But to turn back to this topic, I wish I could use Ebay as a wholesale marked, but I think it is harder with handmade marbles than machine-made. Machine made marbles, are probably sold more often in large lots, big jars etc., and then there is more chance to find some treasures. I am not sure, but in a lot of handmade marbles it is probably easier for a larger group of collectors to spot a very unusual one. So to get a bargain and sell with profit is harder with handmade marbles. I was never successful with handmade marbles on ebay, and machine-made marbles are just not my thing.

Jeroen

I have bought many hand mades on ebay and sold them for a good profit, sometimes 5 to even 10 times what I paid, in my bricks and morter store. I look for the larger ones with damage that someone will buy with the idea that they can have it polished. The ones that are in the 2 inch range. I have done well there. But I do agree with you that it is easier with the machine mades because so many can be bought at once.

Manylittle I cant answer your whole sale ebay question as don't sell on ebay. But I can answer in part about the pelt blue galaxy. They are very flashy and will stand out in a group. You will find probably as much as 10X more golden rebels than blue galaxies. BUT the biggest hurdle to find is finding one in decent shape. Usually they are beat to hell. As to how many peltier made may be open for debate. It's DEFINETLY not peltier's rarest. That can alsol be open for debate. :lol:

Here in this thread go to post #17 I did a synopsis of the 2 types pelt made with pics. http://marbleconnection.com/topic/18437-peltier-group-aventurine-galaxy/