Bulgarian

winnie

13 minutes ago, winnie said:

Yet I have to say,there're many nice handgathered marbles in this group,with fine nines.

I agree. That's why I was saying I'd easily pay $5 each for the nicer nines. They are sort of my way of having the old transitionals I cannot afford.

Even if new, the nicer Bulgarians are right up there with the nicest Vacor Atmospheres and will hold that position for future collectors in my opinion.

5 hours ago, BobBlock said:

I think I'll just get a few lots of the 1500 and dump them all in a bathtub, and then I'll charge people to roll around in them

It could be a new spa treatment. "Our exclusive handmade old world marbles from Bulgaria will massage your muscles and stimulate blood flow while the rough pontils gently exfoliate your skin."

• 3 weeks later...

Bulgarians showed up.  The group is split about 50/50 between handgathered slag style and a frit style.  The frit style is further subdivided into a group that has the frit primarily on the outside and a type with it on the inside similar to a cloud in some cases.  Those are the most interesting ones in my opinion...photos to follow once the camera is charged up.

My 45 pack showed up today. Very pleased with a few killer nines. I actually requested "nines" so I think it helped me. They offset the ~15 or so too ugly to handle ones. The cobalt "guinea" was much prettier than their usual clear-based ones.

For me these are the next best thing to those expensive old transitionals I'll likely never find, so I'm pleased on all accounts.

bulgariannines.jpg

bulgariannines2.jpg

I got mine Monday.  I made no special requests.  All my frit/cyclones are colorless base.  The mix was about 50/50.  I was hoping for enough tornado/cyclones to fill a solitaire board and I got just enough.  Many of the handgathereds were "muddy" toned, but, I got enough cool ones to make me happy. 

Trying again in album form. 

Three types of frit, My favorite 9s, and The rest:

https://goo.gl/photos/ArFHvzFNnTjEKTDe7

The picture links didn't work for me -- tried to see if I could fix it from looking at the code, but alas I could not. 

I can almost see the marbles just from your description, though.

1 hour ago, Steph said:

The picture links didn't work for me -- tried to see if I could fix it from looking at the code, but alas I could not. 

I can almost see the marbles just from your description, though.

The Google service is new to me.  I think the link will work now. I don't think it was "shared" before.