Mica Marble Colors And Sizes

They come in pretty much most colors, although some are harder to find than others. Every variety of green, from forest and emerald to (harder to find) chartreuse and olive; dark blue, light blue, icy blue; turquoise or cyan; dark amber, golden amber, light amber, and a color Alan B. used to call "pilsen," and the HTF true yellow. Dark purple, medium purple, kinda HTF lavender; I have an oddball purple one I can only call grape, seriously different from the usual purple, but I don't know how hard it is to find. Colorless. Pale bottle green. Red is very, very HTF. . . and I've never seen or heard of a true orange mica.

Since I don't collect large marbles, I'll leave the size stuff to others . . .

I would think any over an inch are large and probably less than 1 percent of the population. So many 3/4 and smaller were made for board sets I would think believing 1 out of 100 may be over an inch doesn't sound too outrageous

I would think any over an inch are large and probably less than 1 percent of the population. So many 3/4 and smaller were made for board sets I would think believing 1 out of 100 may be over an inch doesn't sound too outrageous

I agree that anything over an inch would be unusual in micas -- When I was very actively buying them I remember very few being larger than 1".

• 3 weeks later...