Who Is This Guy ? Pawn Masters

Mooose

dozens and dozens of wet mint antique marbles listings on ebay ..new ones constantly showing up . Is this some sort of thingy going on ? pawn-masters

Well, "wet mint" is overexaggerated. A lot of them are polished and others are far less than "wet mint". But he buys and sells a lot of marbles, he bought about 30 to 40 marbles from some my auctions too. Busy guy. But he is reliable.

Ron

I am not familiar with them.

My quick glance at their auctions didn't alarm me. Their ID's don't look 100% perfect but I'd guess they'd get a passing grade for them.

Welllll .... some of the "wet mint" ones are polished, but the seller says so in the description. So bid accordingly.

He seemed like an ok guy to me and had a good knowledge about marbles. Also he has a staff that posts the auctions so that could account for some errors. I haven't bought from him though so I can't speak to the marbles themselves.

I've purchased a few from him, first thing that comes to mind is EXCELLENT packaging. They come in a box and protected inside.

I have no idea where he came from but the marbles I've purchased are great for the price, and I'm basing my purchases solely on the photos, rather than on the grading. ;)

And I have to agree, a LOT of the german handmade marbles have a polished look to them.

• 3 weeks later...

They bought an Akro Agate Corkscrew (double ingot) from me and returned it for a full refund saying my description was incorrect.

I have the corkscrew and they have the refund. That's cool.

There are three guys there with whom I have had considerable correspondence. Brad and David are congenial business men.

James is their marble expert. James told me he has been a marble seller for two months, is a fast learner, and has 100's of hours in marble study, and has bought $50,000.00 worth of marbles in that time.

I think it is only reasonable that he would get some things right and some things wrong, just like most of us. I have seen them list some pretty nice marbles and some others. Burt