Vacor Guacamaya

bumblebee

Here are mine.  The outside two have av in the transparent green.  The left one is smaller and has mottling on the surface.  The left also has a perfect turkey like cac would and honestly a lot of people thought these were cac. The middle is a vacor like you guys have for comparison.  The left is like bumblebees.  Is it possible that whoever you bought this from assumed it was vacor and just threw it in with the others of similar color.  My opinion is that besides the colors, there isn’t really any similarities in construction. The av and the straight cut mark in the left plus the vibrant colors lead me to believe they are not the same.  Unless vacor used very high quality glass in the beginning.  I have hardly anything into mine so money is not swaying my opinion.  But I’ve seen these sold about 20 years ago as German circus. ....

C656DEA9-7D09-4E4A-8786-16801F432EB3.jpeg

46E70E88-E349-4022-BDED-0B62DBA9D49E.jpeg

600C64AD-CC11-40A6-9F5F-9983E6727FFF.jpeg

C945D707-20AB-4189-AEC2-FDF7E27E7CA6.jpeg

5B47FB44-66AD-4A48-A332-7698402D40C7.jpeg

On a side note, I’m hoping they are vacor and we can prove it . The black, yellow and orange ones do fool a lot of people and there is a definite type that has higher quality glass that rivals cac when put next to each other.  Like someone said before, the early michaelangelos are sweet.  IMHO, if it could be proven, there might be an early run of each type that is just stellar and highly collectible. This is way better than the vague “German circus” that is probably hearsay 

44 minutes ago, BuckEye said:

On a side note, I’m hoping they are vacor and we can prove it . The black, yellow and orange ones do fool a lot of people and there is a definite type that has higher quality glass that rivals cac when put next to each other.  Like someone said before, the early michaelangelos are sweet.  IMHO, if it could be proven, there might be an early run of each type that is just stellar and highly collectible. This is way better than the vague “German circus” that is probably hearsay 

That is basically my theory. I don't think the collecting community at large fully appreciates what you just observed, that when Vacor does use higher quality glass, the resulting eye appeal in many cases is up there with some top shelf CACs.

I know my finding two among another collector's Vacor lot is anecdotal and could have been his bias from cherry picking, but the eBay photos I showed earlier were not from a collector. In other words, he simply had a small handful of older Vacors. I stumbled upon them searching for Michaelangelo and immediately recognized these fellows.

If I worked for Vacor right now I'd see a tremendous opportunity to release limited edition Premium Glass runs. 😀

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...