Any connection between BLENKO and marble makers?

schmoozer

I wish I could help you on the Blenko/marble connection - and I have to assume there were some links given their proximity to the marble plants - but I just wanted to say you have a lovely collection of their glass, schmoozer! Nicely displayed too. I used to live not far from Blenko (Barboursville) while I was a traveling salesman as a much younger man and I kick myself I never took an interest in stopping there or learning much about them. Ah, youth! 

• Like 1

I ran the question by Edna.  She says it's been a long time but she remembers a former Blenko employee ending up in one of the WV marble maker's shops -- maybe Charles Gibsons' shop -- but though she visited, she didn't see any marbles which interested her.  

I got a response from Blenko, from some old guy named Dean Six...🤣🤣🤣

he is now at Blenko!!

he stated they have sold cullet to both Marble King and Jabo, but is not sure about sales to the older marble makers.

• Award 1

17 hours ago, schmoozer said:

I got a response from Blenko, from some old guy named Dean Six...🤣🤣🤣

he is now at Blenko!!

he stated they have sold cullet to both Marble King and Jabo, but is not sure about sales to the older marble makers.

I reread this post, and realized it was not well-written. I have never met Dean, but I have both his books. My 🤣🤣🤣 is due to the small-world syndrome between glass collectors/makers.

• 3 years later...
4 minutes ago, Nantucketdink said:

yes-back in November 2015 there was a Blenko Run.  Both 5/8" and 3/4" marbles were made according to my notes.  Let me see if I have a pic of the marbles...

Would love to see them!