Black helmet

boris64

Here you go Chad. These usually have a faded green stripe. The green stripe is faint on mine but not as faint as these poor pictures make it look. It's very washed out, old pic from before I had my photo area set up.

Copy-of-Copy-of-Copy-of-Copy-of-Presenta

Then there's the metallic one, even harder to find:

vitro-metallic.png

There's a yellow faced one too, thought I had pics but I don't.

What did they used to call those Alleys w/ metal in them kike that?? Wait they call em snakeskin now, used to be welding rod, not sure if that's how the metal got there or what ?? regardless some very nice mibs Chuck, never seen either one and I've been around almost as long as you, started in the late 80's w/ hand mades and pelts, think the reason I haven't seen a lot of some mibs is because of where I live or I was to wrapped up chasin some other marbles.:Panic: Nothing in the wild anymore, hasn't been for years, only traces and what you buy online. I never even bought a mib from Ebay or anything like that till around 2013-2014 everything just seemed to slowly dry up ?? "Thanks for postin em Chuck", them's some killer mibs !!! I really like the metalic, nice and clean. Now where's my cut :pirate:!!!!!!!!!

Chad G.

Wonder why those colors on the red face faded ?? end of run ?? short run ??? a mistake  ?? Obviously not widely distributed like the rest of the Vitro line. Besides Akro I always thought them one of the more prolific producers around, @ least when I was a kid there was tons of vitro and Akro for sale at the country store, sling shot material. Wonder how many hundred dollar bills I threw @ those birds and chipmunks ?? My Brother and I even flung the mibs we got from Gramps at the local wildlife. Again Chuck thanks for the post, lots of new questions and a few new pics for my folders :thup:

A helmet is a Vitro where the white can be thought to look like a football helmet with ear protection on both sides, and it has a stripe for the team color.  

Boris' picture here shows that pattern nicely:

image.png

I think Master or possibly Akro on yours, but purple isn't ringing an Akro bell for me.  

Just a few more examples for ya to look at, here's 2 since that's all I have. both w/ a different colored face but both have the stripe running across the top. Like Steph said, they look just like a miniature football helmet. The red face and the metalic one cheese has as well as the black face Boris has are on the rarer side, first time I've seen any of them but all have the identifiable stripe, even if it's weak like the red face.

118.PNG

Roll it over one more time into the light !! Well I see a blowhole, a common pelt trait unfortunately, is there any seam at all on it ???  might be a Dragon need a better look, those ribbons look kinda funky, maybe a miller, they're usually a bit bigger ?? Nice ribbon lutz in the back !! Go ahead and keep yours Boris, "Thank you for offering anyway, I appreciate it very much " I'll run into some here now that you all have me looking !! :Panic:

I'm almost sure it's a Pelt Dragon, still the swirls are a little off, I can't be 100% ?? man that thing has been to war, somebody's favorite soldier. That helmet w/blue and green is a keeper Bruce, I've never seen one like it  :thup: :thup: :thup:

image.png.a6fd478e009e8d258b884c88d083b3df.png

image.png.49e6af7aeb8d3f8dbef13f17a76bbd13.png

image.png.4d4bd68a3a70257f9d8bd022eceea900.png