CAC Striped Opaque or....

Greeneyesgreenthumbs

Ok bought ne a marble lot in ebay and the seller was super nice. Included in the package were five marbles in a separate bag labeled as “Thank You Here Are Some Master Made Marbles Extra” while im positive the other 4 are Brushed Patches By Master Marble/made This one stood out and has an electric cobalt blue base and certainly has a tighter or cleaner ribbon construction but i cant make up my mind for certain because the cut lines aren’t opposite to more banding so i can see if its tight or gapped cuts, Ideas? I compared to another one I believe to be CAC and there’s certainly similarities in the ribbons I may be way off here buts thats why im here is to learn. Pardon the poor quality pics this one just doesn’t want to cooperate  Thank you 

image.jpg

5F22D6D5-E752-4E80-8B61-B7E2CBD447E6.jpeg

F569146F-9954-410A-841C-CDA404C523D5.jpeg

B9676697-C23A-4551-8F81-FF31FC2A3882.jpeg

389C9EDD-07DB-4F24-9000-F925B5BCA445.jpeg

52FE4C19-13E4-4899-ABF6-F2C52C244A12.jpeg

711361FB-FDCD-4514-9095-8A4F0BC334DF.jpeg

Please use a different background for pictures. The transparent blue base and white marble is a very common Master.  A brushed patch Master, because the white looks like brushed white paint on the surface. I have never heard this cobalt blue called electric blue.  Standard cobalt blue used by many machine made companies. 

x3, master brushed patch, another couple views of the red slag might also prove to be something other than CAC. For your photo back ground use a more "neutral" color, maybe start out w/ a grey color, something w/o a sheen to add reflection to your photos and enhance showing the actual color scheme and base color of the mib. Black is Ok, I often use it my self, only on marbles it's beneficial to use a dark background to better view the glass .Cloth materials work good for me, nothing to refract the light or add another reflection to an already hard to photograph medium. With a little ( maybe a lot as in my case ) of experimentation your pix will get better and better as you go.

8 hours ago, wvrons said:

Please use a different background for pictures. The transparent blue base and white marble is a very common Master.  A brushed patch Master, because the white looks like brushed white paint on the surface. I have never heard this cobalt blue called electric blue.  Standard cobalt blue used by many machine made companies. 

Very Welcoming comment here. But i digress, i guess youve now heard it called electric blue. 

thanks for the input yall 

You got an answer from Ron Shepherd. Yeah, that Ron Shepherd, who all the pictures in all the books are referenced to and who everyone wants an ID from. He answers posts on multiple internet forums, emails, and phone calls about marbles nearly all day every day and has done it for free out of the kindness of his heart and for the promotion of this fine hobby even on days when he doesn't really feel like it, but you complain that it wasn't welcoming? When all you do is answer question after question night after night, you don't always sit there and look to see who is asking, or how new they are, or whether or not they need a welcome. He gave you the best answer you can get from anyone anywhere and for free. In your other thread he even went to his files and dug out photos of marbles to help you. That's time from his life he gave you, so maybe consider that before complaining about his help. 

Sorry, I should have just said Master and that is all.  Nothing new, just another day, same routine. Just a different person. Some don't like my answers and some do. I just try to stay with the majority. I hope that I have brought into and helped more people in this hobby than not. If not, then I should back out. Some days that choice gets closer and closer after 25 years of it. 

Ron 

, please don't stop helping all of us, you have so much experience, information, & background knowledge in this field that is so helpful & interesting, especially for us who have just started fresh in the last years or so, that I just say, keep being you. I personally value your help, and the help from all of you.

4 hours ago, wvrons said:

Sorry, I should have just said Master and that is all.  Nothing new, just another day, same routine. Just a different person. Some don't like my answers and some do. I just try to stay with the majority. I hope that I have brought into and helped more people in this hobby than not. If not, then I should back out. Some days that choice gets closer and closer after 25 years of it. 

Take it in stride Ron, the "majority" knows what's up, if someone doesn't want to learn so be it. Let it be at their expense not yours. You are an intricate and valued part of this forum and the marble community as a whole. If I already knew the answer to my own questions what would be the purpose of coming here. I am here to learn more about this hobby, something I love to do and have been doing for over half my life, things change, much of what I learned 20 yrs. ago is no longer viable today. "You have nothing to be sorry about my friend" giving a little helpful advice will only be accepted by those wanting to learn and willing to receive it.

I am not leaving or going any where, not yet. This happens like I said routinely. But I am still Sorry that it happens. I sometimes get short or then to detailed, to the point, for some. Sometimes including myself. people are just having a bad day. We never know what else may be happening that day in someone's life.  But it works both directions. It is done and tomorrow is a new day. It will happen again as normal. It is a hazard with what I do and I know that well. Marble on. 

On 12/1/2020 at 1:02 PM, Brock said:

What is an electric color considered? And are they made by all companies?

Electric colors are shades of a certain color that pop out at you more than normal. A regular shade of orange will be indistinguishable from a bunch of mibs the same color or shade, throw an electric orange one in a group of a hundred and you can pick it out in a second. Most electric colors are from batch glass, a purer form of making marble glass instead of running one color on top of the other and mixing them. Christensen was well known for it's electric colors, google some pix of Christensen electric slags or striped opaque's and you'll see what I mean. They where far and above in their glass quality and recipes for color. A few other companies made batch glass also but competition was frowned upon. A very competitive market in the day. You'll have to do a little digging but will quickly pick up on the difference, I wondered the same thing years ago when I heard of "electric colors" I believe "Ravenswood" also made some batch glass or so I've "recently" learned. 

Chad G.