Vitro lovers look here šŸ„°

Rooster

1 hour ago, ScottH said:

A few more. Vitro at least I reckon. šŸ‘

IMG_1342.jpeg

IMG_1343.jpeg

IMG_1344.jpeg

IMG_1345.jpeg

"Helmet" is one of a few names collectors have for Tri-lite variations. What is and isn't called a Helmet can,Ā  from what I've encountered, be a little tricky sometimes.

Someone could probably break it down way better than I, so hang in there. Nice marbles by the way. I probably would have called a few of them Helmets myself. It's maybe in the patch coverage for one thing...šŸ‘šŸ˜Ž

• Like 1

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ScottH said:

Well shucks. I thought they was all helmets. Here ya go Art. Btw whatā€™s a PPP?

IMG_1338.jpeg

IMG_1339.jpeg

IMG_1340.jpeg

IMG_1341.jpeg

"PPP"..."Peltier Peerless Patch"

šŸ‘šŸ˜ŽĀ 

11 minutes ago, William said:

"Helmet" is one of a few names collectors have for Tri-lite variations. What is and isn't called a Helmet can,Ā  from what I've encountered, be a little tricky sometimes.

Someone could probably break it down way better than I, so hang in there. Nice marbles by the way. I probably would have called a few of them Helmets myself. It's maybe in the patch coverage for one thing...šŸ‘šŸ˜Ž

Right on William. Still pretty green at identification. Thank you man! šŸ˜Ž

5 minutes ago, ScottH said:

Right on William. Still pretty green at identification. Thank you man! šŸ˜Ž

Like Ron Shepherd told me when I first started, a person can study 7 days a week, hours each day, for many, many years and still be fortunate to identify 75% of what they are looking at. He's right.Ā 

The best of the best will miss occasionally. It's going to happen. Just so much stuff out there. Twists and turns and rabbit holes, etc....

Alot of the time it works itself out in the end. Teamwork, multiple sets of eyes. That's what these folks are collectively good at IMO. Marbles!

šŸ‘šŸ˜Ž

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, William said:

Like Ron Shepherd told me when I first started, a person can study 7 days a week, hours each day, for many, many years and still be fortunate to identify 75% of what they are looking at. He's right.Ā 

The best of the best will miss occasionally. It's going to happen. Just so much stuff out there. Twists and turns and rabbit holes, etc....

Alot of the time it works itself out in the end. Teamwork, multiple sets of eyes. That's what these folks are collectively good at IMO. Marbles!

šŸ‘šŸ˜Ž

Thanks. Heā€™s the one that got me really interested in this. I didnā€™t know him but I wish I did. Just from the videos he did with Stephen Bahr and his posts. šŸ™‚

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, marboman said:

thought I would drop in and say hello and give this thread a bump.

Nice drop-in marboman--who does not like a good Vitro?

Nice image!

Nice marbles--for sure!

Marble--On!!