Thoughts?

Ric

1 hour ago, wvrons said:

Is it clear base under the white or just reflections ?  Two ribbons ? 

The base is opaque and there are more than two ribbons - maybe four, but its hard to tell. One seam is pretty obvious and I think there is another somewhere, maybe, it might be in a fold.

18 minutes ago, Steph said:

5/8"?

^^ my typical stalling question

A hair over 5/8"

I was thinking maybe an odd Kokomo?

I would have been looking for some odd swirl company.  I don't know odd Kokomos.  

Seems one mystery swirl that I wanted ID-ed for ten years may now be seen as a slamdunk Heaton, thanks to new information in that quarter.  (Mentioned in the spirit of realizing there could still be big wide gaps of unknowns even to the most experienced ID-ers.)  

My thought is that I still don't have any corner or niche into which your marble rolls ... but it's cool to see such a colorful mystery.  With that distinctive color combo it seems like it shouldn't be such a mystery. 

16 minutes ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

The first marble I'd put with my Pelts.  Sweet pattern, especially 1st pic.

The others I'd put with my "wants to be a Pelt, probably isn't, but really wanna be" pile.  Oddly enough Imperial came to mind, and then MK...then Vitro, then full circle.

Thanks for the input. For the two marbles pictured with the OP . . . did Kokomo ever flash up on your radar?

Thanks for the thoughts, folks!

I think the two flanking the swirly marble in the last pic are almost certainly Kokomo, because when I put them in with a group of other Kokomo marbles they fit right in. The first marble I posted doesn't blend in with the Kokomos as well, but it is an odd marble, so who knows.

It's a Pelmo Ric, a one of a kind VVVVVHTF hitchhiking multi factory chameleon mib.  Seriously I think pelt. neither the base glass nor the ribbon colors look consistent with most Kokomo to me. Kokomo glass always appeared a lot drabber, some even seedy looking, just my opinion, it is a bizarre mib. I guess if you look long enough you could read almost anything into it !! 

I'm with you Chad. It's a little too nice for Kokomo, IMO. I mean, I really like Kokomo marbles, even though they tend not to be the highest quality marbles around. I think their "rustic-ness" is one of their most attractive qualities.

Ric, here is some of my thoughts to this example. My opinions and thoughts and take these to how ever you like. First, i am in more (favor) to a Peltier production to this example, why? I have examples that are VERY close to this in my collection. The reason is this, (glass flow) is what we ALL need to learn as Ron S has taught me. There is one photo that leans to the (yeng-yang) glass flow. What i have found over all the years is that Peltier had MANY examples of this specific glass flow. To clear this a little is that if you hold your example the right way, this is what you will find, a V pattern, (kinda like Vitro), put this V pattern straight on to your observing it, then you will find the (glass flow) will ride upwards and then turn to the right or left, follow this to the other side and then it will (maybe) do the same thing. These examples we collectors call (yeng-yangs) and or (Rams  head Chevrons). Your example looks to be a Peltier "K&M" (ketchup n mustard), I found one the other day that is this that i put into the ("Rams Head Chevron") family type. Ron S and i with others have discussed this many times, and how it happened.

Next question is if (ANYONE) has examples of Kokomo production marbles with this opaque white base, please show us, then i might  change my mind to (possibly) be a Kokomo example.  YES!! other marble makers did have the above mentioned also, as i have found them to be mostly predominate in Peltier. Learning (glass flow) is VERY IMPORTANT as the hobby progresses into the future. This is my (opinion), use it as you may. Many discussions on marbles is well worth learning more and more, but (always) keep an (open mind) to CHANGE.