It's a Mystery to Me

Ric

I have had this marble for a long time and I have shown it to quite a few people. It's a nice marble, but it's a mystery to me. I wanted to post it here to see if anyone has any thoughts, or perhaps new thoughts, about its origins. I have several ideas, and that's my problem. 🙂

Ric355.jpg.5bcb50e3a91cd588f8df0f39e2a7b934.jpg

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

It's one  I would have thought Alley on except for two reasons:

(1) If Ric doesn't recognize it as Alley, then there's probably a reason for that.

(2) The new haul of Heatons is coming up with marbles that I would have thought were Alley and this one looks like it could be in the ballpark of some of the Heatons which have surprised me so. 

5 minutes ago, Steph said:

(2) . . . this one looks like it could be in the ballpark of some of the Heatons which have surprised me so. 

Thanks for the thoughts, Steph . . . now I have even more ideas, and I told you that was already the problem!

lol

I have seen it in hand. That obvious straight cut line in the top center picture looks so much like CAC. But most of the rest looks Ravenswood. But a few marbles from all these WV swirl companies do show a nice cut line. With most of them the cut line folds inside or twisted in the swirl so that it is not noticed or found easy. I think it is probably Ravenswood or Alley. The colors lean me just a little more to Alley. If it was more good white, less amount of blue, I would lean more Ravenswood. 

I really appreciate the thoughts. I had narrowed it down to Alley or Ravenswood too - I have just never seen a CAC with similar colors. The structure does look more Ravenswood than Alley to me, but when I think about who made the most blue-based marbles I have to lean toward Alley too. In fact, I am not sure I can think of a Ravenswood with a blue base similar to this one. Although, I sure would be interested to see some if anyone has any.

Thanks Again!