My other interest...

William

"Yes" I think it' a horse or maybe a cow tooth, if it's smaller maybe goat or something of that nature, but most definitely a tooth.

image.png.75ff5a10c09134331c44fbfa3ec4d6ad.png

I really like this sharks tooth, I had a fossilized one on a necklace and had some jaws we cut out of a blue tip at one time, you oughta see all the spares they have, inumerable. I'm only 45 miles from the ocean here so I see a lot of this stuff, I even lived there in Astoria where they made the movies "Goonies" & "Kindergarten cop" during my first marriage after I got out of the Navy, of course well before the movies were ever made, I loved living there, I never get tired of seeing this kind of stuff. "Thanks for sharing the pix"  :thup:  Some great memories !!

image.png.dc179ce0be30d57327460bbb32bd3daa.png

And your welcome for the pics! More too come surely....went here today and found a few bags of marbles, I'll have to post some for ID in the coming days. Really cool stuff at this place. Located in Onalaska, Wisconsin.

20210417_103401.jpg

Just now, William said:

And your welcome for the pics! More too come surely....went here today and found a few bags of marbles, I'll have to post some for ID in the coming days. Really cool stuff at this place. Located in Onalaska, Wisconsin.

20210417_103401.jpg

While there I wanted to spend over our budget and she goes "No,no,no; not Today!"

20210417_171059.jpg

My Grandfather & thus my Mother were from Wisconsin. My great great Grandmother was 100% Chippewa Indian, also from the great lakes region.

The Meg tooth sounds great & a pretty reasonable price to. It seems the closer you get to the source the more expensive things get. That tooth would be a couple hundred here at least, 7" is a big one alright. Glad you found a place to get what your interested in at decent prices. Over the years I've made friends with many shop and mall owners & even grew up with a few. Honesty really goes a long ways as long as it's mutual, it took a while but now I know when I'm getting skinned. Strange we have an Onalaska WA. about 45 minutes from here. Truly a small, small world we live in.

Really enjoying the pix William, keep em comin  :thup:  I have a bunch of pix of my hobbies & so forth posted if you click on my avatar & the about me section there. I've posted several of the pix before & some I haven't. I'm the big one in all the pix, some are quite old some newer, you'll unfortunately see the age progression in me as you look at the pix. Good grief I feel old !! Also a great deal on the rose quartz, a guy here in town will make you what ever you want, mostly names, inscribed hearts, dice and other shapes. He uses several different gemstones, quartz, amethyst, carnelian, blood agate etc... I'll "try" & remember to get some pix of his work & post it here.

I'll put up some more pics soon, I'll get some from the vendor that carries the teeth. He also has on display for sale agates, gemstones, fossils, insects and more. We got to meet this fellow last week in Winona, Minnesota while he was stocking one of his displays there. Boy, does he know his stuff! He even has this worldly, explorer look...sounds well versed in everything nature and history! Very educational 20 minute conversation with him! Not only does he travel too collect his artifacts and specimens, he also does the work involved with his products. Cutting, polishing, mounting, etc. I was fascinated with his knowledge. My fiance used too live not particularly far from you before moving to Minnesota in 2008, she resided in Redding, California. I better head outside, have too prep our garden spaces then it's off too antique mall down the road. I got extremely lucky Friday as one of the vendors was packing up her space and was selling her lighted glass display cases. Bought 2 of them for $20 bucks each! They are huge! Pretty excited, have too dismantle them today and bring them home. Ones for me and ones for her. She collects shoes, vintage glass, porcelain, etc,; and vintage jewelry. Fun, Fun!

Sounds like maybe a ya got good thing going for ya William. Making friends with the vendors and or owners is always a plus. I have made several good friends that way & our friendships have went far beyond the store or their spaces.  Oh !! and the display deal you got is "fantastic" they're not cheap by any means & lighted on top of that. I just bought 2 wall mount locking ones that also needed assembly. I'll be posting some pics of them soon, in other words they're already full, something I've needed for a long time. "Good luck" on you ventures William, looking foreword to more pix !! "Ys" i have cousins in Redding & another small town in California called Redway just west of Redding near the coast, the big blue marble we live on is getting smaller all the time !!

Forgot all about this one...had a bunch of rock in a small hillside that that I own in between my driveway and the neighbor's property. Removed all the rock last year and seeded but made some discoveries during the rock removal. I found some cool fossils of what turned out to be plant life from millions of years ago along with a few snail fossils and the best one...what appears too be the vertebrae of what is so far an unknown reptile or fish. The vendor I connected with wants to check it out.

20210418_123439.jpg

20210418_123339.jpg

20210418_123327.jpg

20210418_123202.jpg

20210418_123157.jpg

Some great stuff there William, looks like we have very similar interests. I seen the meg teeth long before the individual pics "very nice" I'll post some pics of my favorite vendor store as soon as I make a trip up there, many displays are very similar !!

18 hours ago, William said:

Forgot all about this one...had a bunch of rock in a small hillside that that I own in between my driveway and the neighbor's property. Removed all the rock last year and seeded but made some discoveries during the rock removal. I found some cool fossils of what turned out to be plant life from millions of years ago along with a few snail fossils and the best one...what appears too be the vertebrae of what is so far an unknown reptile or fish. The vendor I connected with wants to check it out.

20210418_123439.jpg

20210418_123339.jpg

20210418_123327.jpg

20210418_123202.jpg

20210418_123157.jpg

Good thing somebody was paying attention,  keep us posted if you would William, on the status of this fish or reptile or whatever it turns out to be !!

On 4/18/2021 at 3:22 PM, William said:

Went over to check out my cabinets I purchased and see if there was anything of interest that I might want....

20210418_140807.jpg

20210418_140756.jpg

Pretty excited...picked up the octagon yesterday and picking up the other tomorrow! Going to set up mine today. 

• 2 weeks later...