This shooter came with the old Vitro's, any thoughts? at 1st I thought Jabo but ?

Gladys

It happens regular. I never assume a identification on what else is in a group. I was wrong way to many times. 

What size is this marble ? Is it 3/4 inch ?  Size can make a difference with many identifications.

If there is any chance it was Vitro. It would be a killer and high value Vitro. 

More likely a Jabo. 

I still have a possibility of Vitro in my head. Most Jabo this size have roll marks and or orange peel. I have never seen any killer pattern like this on a one inch Jabo. Yes 3/4 but not one inch. There are three or four other killer unusual Vitros here. It sure would be nice to have it in hand.  Where is Josh ? 

1 hour ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

None of these pics are mine, but kinda shows my thought process as possibly being Vitro

s-l300.jpg

Versus:

DSC_0271.jpg.7e934da9c9f14f51b9d6d721de030039.jpg

vitrote2_1.webp

Versus:

DSC_0273.jpg.da7a3e71581ec7c38b46dd8e02456fab.jpg

Wow sort of looks like it I will check for more white thank you so much!

2 hours ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

None of these pics are mine, but kinda shows my thought process as possibly being Vitro

s-l300.jpg

Versus:

DSC_0271.jpg.7e934da9c9f14f51b9d6d721de030039.jpg

There is a resemblance, for sure.

48 minutes ago, Gladys said:

yes the one off to the side I tried to get better pictures but they didn't turn out the true color? 

DSC_0021.jpg

Gladys, Is the base glass for these two marbles transparent? Does it look like the color is primarily on the surface of the marbles? If so, I would go with Vitro, and it would be a very nice one, for sure.

24 minutes ago, Ric said:

There is a resemblance, for sure.

Gladys, Is the base glass for these two marbles transparent? Does it look like the color is primarily on the surface of the marbles? If so, I would go with Vitro, and it would be a very nice one, for sure.

sadly they are not transparent, but neither is this one( view pic's) they both are very interesting, odd ball( black back round) the one that Jabo like no one knows the run? so IDK I can say that it not out of round and its heavy? I haven't check black light yet! did Vitro glow? I know some Jabo's do! Thank you so much

DSC_001911.jpg

DSC_002911.jpg

DSC_00341.jpg

DSC_00351.jpg

DSC_00391.jpg

DSC_00401.jpg

The one with the red/orange on it looks like some kind of hybrid Vitro All Red. I am not sure about the marble in the OP. Since the base glass is not transparent, it can't be a Vitro Tiger Eye variant unless its Type IV, and I've never seen a Type IV anything like it. It does bear a resemblance to some big JABO Classics from the 2000s and at 1" . . . ?

1 hour ago, Ric said:

The one with the red/orange on it looks like some kind of hybrid Vitro All Red. I am not sure about the marble in the OP. Since the base glass is not transparent, it can't be a Vitro Tiger Eye variant unless its Type IV, and I've never seen a Type IV anything like it. It does bear a resemblance to some big JABO Classics from the 2000s and at 1" . . . ?

Thank you so much Ric I had know idea there where variants or types oh my goodness I have a lotttt to learn! Thank you so much! 

Pics 2 and 5 really do look like JABO to me. I'm seeing possibilities of the Exotic conquerors like I'llhavethat showed too, but I have never seen a Vitro exotic shooter that I recall? I'm not making an ID for sure so that I'll have a back door to escape out of :D . 

Here are some photos of my exotics to compare with, all these are 5/8i" though. The larger vitros almost always are wilder. 

DSCN2662.jpg
Copy-of-Presentation-Untitled-Design-50.

• Like 1