Marble ID

joshtep5

Hello everyone!

Could anyone help me identify these marbles? I have inherited a very large collection from a lifelong marble collector who passed away and would like the figure out what kind of marbles these are. I also have hundreds of others ones I could also show. Please let me know if you can help me.

Thank you! :)

A3CFF8B3-F5C8-427F-BB27-441371C9784B.jpeg

EB4BCC06-5031-42D9-994C-A404CEFDB566.jpeg

166C12CB-DBFB-40B2-9289-78A1C9FEEEDB.jpeg

2C119C0E-0084-4EF6-82FD-BEB33DBB1B9A.jpeg

B31438BF-8F72-4FBA-87A9-52BA8DF3C570.jpeg

16E825AF-CF0D-4084-A360-08ACFB37302E.jpeg

6A4F6915-1AD6-4241-BB76-69EB66860614.jpeg

0FFB0BB4-5D6A-4663-A388-8E714A580655.jpeg

747165CA-F376-491E-BA3D-44AF2DAA28A3.jpeg

BB1C515D-7D41-468D-8EC5-61F797C53EE5.jpeg

022E9BCD-DA5E-4CF3-A1A6-FC42C78A32D1.jpeg

69C66586-00F3-481C-9C5A-952E47380ACE.jpeg

B33D3070-A709-4216-A5D9-FA25F8B1493B.jpeg

5F09AA3F-855B-40AA-A117-2AE188B0F48F.jpeg

D6F03D9F-7463-42A0-AC12-408ABA0162AC.jpeg

B7E763FB-A886-4B00-9B77-295E39669B40.jpeg

A3F7A6E0-F00A-483A-BD79-A93049C232EB.jpeg

4 minutes ago, PittsburghMarbles said:

I don’t know, there’s many on here way more knowledgeable than me though and maybe they’ll chime in. What part of the world are you in? Would probably help to know where you got these marbles, IE are you in europe, North America, S America etc? 

I am in North America!

5 hours ago, Chad G. said:

At least some look like contemporary torch marbles to me. Could be Asian or U.S. made, not sure, do you have a size for them Joseph ?? and are there any initials etched (written) in either end of them ??

Hello! The second one has was looks to be a KB 96 on it, and the green and orange one (only green and orange no yellow blue green and orange) has a TP 96 on it. The rest I do not believe have any signatures. #1 is 3/4”, #2 is 1”, #3 is 1 3/16”, #4 (yellow and red) is 13/16”, #5 is 1”, #6 is 15/16”, #7 is 13/16”. :)

The ones signed w/ initials are more than likely U.S. torch work (their are hundreds if not a few thousand artists) of artists & the others foreign (maybe) at least you have a year and some initials to go on now, I've found I.D.'s on artists marbles like this completely by accident while looking at other mibs, I seen similar workmanship looked and lo and behold the same initials, not saying you'll ever find the makers, I still have several as yet unidentified signed glass. I like, I keep, doesn't matter to me weather it's signed or not, that's just "my personal" point of view as a collector.

26 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

The ones signed w/ initials are more than likely U.S. torch work (their are hundreds if not a few thousand artists) of artists & the others foreign (maybe) at least you have a year and some initials to go on now, I've found I.D.'s on artists marbles like this completely by accident while looking at other mibs, I seen similar workmanship looked and lo and behold the same initials, not saying you'll ever find the makers, I still have several as yet unidentified signed glass. I like, I keep, doesn't matter to me weather it's signed or not, that's just "my personal" point of view as a collector.

That is the issue that I have been running into a lot. I search up the initials, or anything I can, and end up finding nothing. I have many more that have signatures but also hundreds of others that do not. Do any of the artists on these look familiar? Or would you be able to tell me the design of any of the others? I also have many others I can send you as well! :)

Design ?   I guess design might be type ? Corkscrew, swirl, patch, ribbon, patch & ribbon, hand made, machine made, etc. No machine made will have any initials. Machine made marbles were made at 250 per minute 24 hrs. a day 7 days a week on each machine, by many companies. There are billions of them.

Stone marbles.

Clay marbles.

Glass marbles.

Old vintage antique hand made marbles.

Transitional hand made marbles.

Machine made marbles. 

Furnace or tank modern contemporary made marbles.

Modern torch made marbles. 

Wooden marbles.

Bakelite marbles. 

Sewer tile marbles. 

Plastic marbles.

Plastic marbles.

All made in different countries.  

16 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Design ?   I guess design might be type ? Corkscrew, swirl, patch, ribbon, patch & ribbon, hand made, machine made, etc. No machine made will have any initials. Machine made marbles were made at 250 per minute 24 hrs. a day 7 days a week on each machine, by many companies. There are billions of them.

Stone marbles.

Clay marbles.

Glass marbles.

Old vintage antique hand made marbles.

Transitional hand made marbles.

Machine made marbles. 

Furnace or tank modern contemporary made marbles.

Modern torch made marbles. 

Wooden marbles.

Bakelite marbles. 

Sewer tile marbles. 

Plastic marbles.

Plastic marbles.

All made in different countries.  

Yes! Apologies, I meant type. I’m guesses they are all glass but I’ve seen many calling them like actual names. Like a red yellow and blue one I have is called a Superman. I guess it may be like a nickname?

9 minutes ago, joshtep5 said:

Yes! Apologies, I meant type. I’m guesses they are all glass but I’ve seen many calling them like actual names. Like a red yellow and blue one I have is called a Superman. I guess it may be like a nickname?

But yes I would like to figure out if they are corkscrew, swirl, patch, etc

Joshtep, This is my suggestion.

I do not know if these are dear to you, if you are settling an estate, or you are looking for values to sell them. Chances are if you keep them you will be addicted in short order. It will be much harder to settle an estate and much harder to sell them.

The number one thing is to keep them all in prime shape.

Carefully lay them all out and take a few shots of them with high resolution along with some coins or rulers mixed in with them, crop the shot and give us a better idea of what you may have. I am sure that you picked out the ones that were attractive to you and that is OK—let us see them all.

The folks here can give you a better idea of what you have in that case and you can take it from there.

Marble—On!!!  and Good luck in any case. (exclamation marks are OK—question marks are better)

• 2 weeks later...

Steph had put together a list back in 2011 - here are the "B's" and there are a few possibilities with your KB initials.  There was only one TP and that was Fulton "Tony" Parker.

Bob Badtram

Jonathan Baker

Keith Baker

Ben Barocas

Nick Bartlett

Mike Barton

Becky Baxter

Kaj Beck

Geoffrey Beetem

Troy Bennett

Dan Benway

Laura Berretti