Slags & Swirls Saturday!!

William

@Dave 13 Way to start the day - the 2nd one is especially nice!

@akroorka I really like the pattern on that marble - stuff like that can make a game marble special - weird is good!

@Gladys Glad to see you back, I always enjoy the artistic creativity you show in your photos - great marbles too!

@Joe2 That's a great marble - tough to find with base glass that color - the mottling is great!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dave 13 said:

Killer Mib Ric 👍 is that a Alley ? 

The two outer ones are Heatons but I am not entirely sure about the middle one - it may be Heaton too. But the base glass on that one is much better quality - maybe batch glass, and it has lone yellow on it that isn't shown in these two views. So I am debating between Alley and Ravenswood - leaning Alley, even though it is a little undersized. And since L.E. Alley was the first to make marbles at Ravenswood, I'll be happy any way it goes - the yellow in this color combination makes it uncommon, regardless.

Maybe we can get @wvrons take on it - I'd sure appreciate it.

On 1/29/2023 at 3:14 PM, Ric said:

Here are a couple of different views of the middle marble showing the yellow striping.

RicA0001a.jpg.eb945918ec5b1c484ec6a93224388dc4.jpg

1/32" shy of 5/8" so still size No. 0. At this point, I think I've convinced myself it's Alley. lol

Interesting looking Heatons the middle Alley or Raven is super cool looking Ric  👍