There are no “bad” marbles and no “boring” collections.

akroorka

Here is a great video for those of you hesitant to post any marbles that are not “perfect”.
This collector has such enthusiasm for what she does that it makes me want to go out to the shores of Lake Michigan and do my own thing. 
Monetary value does not drive all collectors, it is the search and find that drives most of us.
I used to go metal collecting and remember the joy of finding a penny instead of a pull-tab.
Collect what you like and what turns you on for sure.
Collect on!!!
 Show what you have and enjoy all of the collectors that "light up" with the happiness of a “find”!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN3oG--8yFs

• Like 2
  • Award 2

40 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Here is a great video for those of you hesitant to post any marbles that are not “perfect”.
This collector has such enthusiasm for what she does that it makes me want to go out to the shores of Lake Michigan and do my own thing. 
Monetary value does not drive all collectors, it is the search and find that drives most of us.
I used to go metal collecting and remember the joy of finding a penny instead of a pull-tab.
Collect on!!!
 Show what you have and enjoy all of the collectors that "light up" with the happiness of a “find”!!

Just watched! great video ! love watching Stephen videos!  I love all my wounded warriors ! Thank you for sharing! 

_DSC0432.jpg

_DSC0442.jpg

_DSC0452.jpg

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Cool beans,

Is that big one in the back one a sulphide from the ocean?

I see some corkscrews and a possible "Flintie"--maybe two.

One on the left--front, in the fourth image, almost looks hollow.

Sulphide marble I picked up I think for a dollar at an action long ago I think they put it in a tumbler!  the clear one is like a wire pull i guess! is a flinte a stone mib?

• Like 1

Nope, Flinties are glass.  Usually nearly opaque but translucent and opalecent, The Akro versions usually have a "fish eye".  Not common and easy to pass over as game pieces.

Here are some pics of my beaters. I can't seem to toss 'em. I know alot of guys do.   Thanks 

Bruce

bad brick 1.jpg

bad brick 2.jpg

beaters1.jpg

beat up handmade.jpg

• Like 6

As a boy I remember my favorite marbles were the older ones which were always beat up, but I don't remember being upset about that until they were missing so much glass that we retired them and used them for other purposes.

The older ones intrigued me because they had more exotic colors and swirl patterns.

Now that I know what wet mint looks like on the older ones, I am harder to please but I still enjoy my big tub of place holders which still evoke that memory of the exotic old marbles I remember seeing as a boy.

• Like 4
  • Award 1

4 hours ago, Berryb said:

Nope, Flinties are glass.  Usually nearly opaque but translucent and opalecent, The Akro versions usually have a "fish eye".  Not common and easy to pass over as game pieces.

Here are some pics of my beaters. I can't seem to toss 'em. I know alot of guys do.   Thanks 

Bruce

bad brick 1.jpg

bad brick 2.jpg

beaters1.jpg

beat up handmade.jpg

Nice♥ thank you for your answer!

• Award 1

4 hours ago, bumblebee said:

As a boy I remember my favorite marbles were the older ones which were always beat up, but I don't remember being upset about that until they were missing so much glass that we retired them and used them for other purposes.

The older ones intrigued me because they had more exotic colors and swirl patterns.

Now that I know what wet mint looks like on the older ones, I am harder to please but I still enjoy my big tub of place holders which still evoke that memory of the exotic old marbles I remember seeing as a boy.

Thank you so much for sharing, Please show us some of your wounded other purposes.!!!! 

• Like 1

This one is 2 ¼”. 
I found it put together with old nasty yellowed glue and love. 
I loved it as much as the person from the past that decided to keep the pieces together. 
I took it home, soaked the glue out and decided that Scotch tape did a better job---for now. 
I still have a few ideas to make it look better and it deserves it, as does the one that preserved it.
Love it, respect it!!
Marble—On!!

Scotch tape A.jpg

• Like 3

Piece it together with little dabs of Krazy Glue. Don’t hurry. Put it together enough times so you know which piece goes where and where you’re going to glue it.Then use the tape to hold the pieces together. It’s already DOA so just create your own Frankenstein. He was a German Handmade

If all the Kings Horse Men and of the Kings Men had Krazy Glue. Humpty Dumpty would still be around. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/14/2021 at 5:46 PM, akroorka said:

Collect on!!!

I Agree. Some of my beaters are the most interesting marbles. Most of the marbles that I post are so ordinary to everyone else, but I just post them anyway because it makes me feel like I’m part of the marble community. Thanks for the encouragement Akroorka!

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 10:55 AM, Berryb said:

Bruce

bad brick 1.jpg

bad brick 2.jpg

beaters1.jpg

beat up handmade.jpg

Is that a limeade oxblood in the mix? I'd go for that!