Peltier Submarine Marble?

Greeneyesgreenthumbs

Some may refer to this as being a Submarine & some not. To "me" a true submarine must have the outer colors or ribbons diving into the interior of the marble, w/ a window to view it from. "But" I've seen these sold as submarines on Ebay. In "my' opinion not a true submarine. But that's just my opinion !! I'd consider the one you have just as you stated "A translucent base Pelt" still a very desirable mib. Many will beg to differ w/ me on this but there are a few that actually have something going on inside as well as outside. Here's the vid Stephen Bahr made on the subject.

This isn't a peltier but a "Christensen Submarine" I show it because it illustrates so well what I mean by the "outside" colors "diving" into the interior of the marble. Something I see as the true definition being lost in translation (stretched) somewhere. You can clearly see the outside colors diving and swirling in & around the transparent green base glass inside the mib. I realize I will get a rebuttal on this so just "my opinion" 

image.png.787df7799da2aaac75b29ade734ffe46.png

image.png.5db6c8f52da94f90214b845028425739.png

• Like 1

I agree with Chad, a nice mib but not a submarine! Has to have some inside action. And as far as what is sold and what some are called on EBay, give me a break! I bet half of the marbles on there now days are misnamed or outright lied about! I feel sorry for the new collectors having to take chances on some rip off artist with so called bricks and CACs let alone “submarines” etc! Do your homework, buy from quality sellers…… study study study and be carefull!

jon

I don't remember a requirement that ribbons go under the surface in the Pelt Sub.  I only remember it being a question of what the base glass looks like when backlit.  [Edit: with the base looking mostly solid in natural light and going almost transparent when backlit]

I have a different issue with the marble.  I'm not 100% sure it's Pelt.  The pattern looks more Marble King.  I'm probably off base with that.  I'm not aware of this color combo in Marble King.  I'm just  getting hung up on low ribbon count and the patch on the end. 

So, my answer is "maybe"  [Edit: but probably not]