officially a popeye?

Jeremysvt

To be a corkscrew your fourth image would have a similar ending of the green on the other side of the marble. The image does look like a corkscrew would.
These are classic Vitro colors and they usually display as a patch with the green covering  just less than ½ of the marble, some have more whispy white than others. The base glass would be quite clear on this type of Vitro.
This one just did the twist as it dropped onto the rollers.
Akro Corkscrews come in a never ending combination of colors and I would not be surprised to find one that looks like yours.
Close but no cigar—good eye though!
Marble—On!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, akroorka said:

To be a corkscrew your fourth image would have a similar ending of the green on the other side of the marble. The image does look like a corkscrew would.
These are classic Vitro colors and they usually display as a patch with the green covering  just less than ½ of the marble, some have more whispy white than others. The base glass would be quite clear on this type of Vitro.
This one just did the twist as it dropped onto the rollers.
Akro Corkscrews come in a never ending combination of colors and I would not be surprised to find one that looks like yours.
Close but no cigar—good eye though!
Marble—On!!

this one i know is a cork! 

PhotoRoom_006_20220224_152437.png

PhotoRoom_004_20220224_152437.png

Ah, now you officially have it Jeremy, a "Popeye"    :confetti:

i.e. :  Transparent (clear) bas w/ whispy white strands and at least two other opaque colors.

image.png.63b7a6a538d18e25e851ecc49b027556.png

Courtesy of the (MCSA) Marble collectors Society of America

LINK :  https://www.marblecollecting.com/marble-reference/online-marble-id-guide/akro-agate-co/

Popeye corkscrews are a three-color, four-color or five-color Special that contain a unique color spiral. This unique color is transparent clear with filaments of opaque white. The filaments can almost completely fill the transparent clear or they can be sparse.

The most common colors, in addition to the clear/white, are red and yellow or green and yellow. These are followed (in order of increasing rarity) by red and green, dark blue and yellow, light purple and yellow, dark purple and yellow, powder blue and yellow, red and blue, red and orange, blue and green, black and yellow, or various hybrid colors.

Hybrid Popeyes are marbles that have three or four colors along with the clear/white. It is popularly believed that these marbles occurred when the colors were changed in one of the machine hoppers. However, some of these examples are too perfectly formed to be an accident. They may have been intentionally made by using five nozzles, instead of four, to create the glass stream. There are some Popeye corkscrews that have a fourth color that is really just a blending of the two colored glass streams. These really are not hybrids. True hybrids are rare and are highly prized by collectors.

Some Popeyes were produced when the spinning cup in the machine was not rotating. As a result, these marbles came out as patches. They are the same color combinations as Popeyes, but are actually two or three distinct patches of color on a clear/white base. These are called Patch Popeyes and are very rare. They have been easily confused with a type of Vitro Agate patch, and have fallen out of favor with collectors at this time.

There are also several types of corkscrews that have the clear/white color combination as Popeyes, but only one other colored spiral (usually translucent red or orange) These are usually referred to as Ringers or Imperials and are not really Popeyes.

40 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

i.e. :  Transparent (clear) bas w/ whispy white strands and at least two other colors.

LINK :  https://www.marblecollecting.com/marble-reference/online-marble-id-guide/akro-agate-co/

Popeye corkscrews are a three-color, four-color or five-color Special that contain a unique color spiral. This unique color is transparent clear with filaments of opaque white. The filaments can almost completely fill the transparent clear or they can be sparse.

The most common colors, in addition to the clear/white, are red and yellow or green and yellow. These are followed (in order of increasing rarity) by red and green, dark blue and yellow, light purple and yellow, dark purple and yellow, powder blue and yellow, red and blue, red and orange, blue and green, black and yellow, or various hybrid colors.

Hybrid Popeyes are marbles that have three or four colors along with the clear/white. It is popularly believed that these marbles occurred when the colors were changed in one of the machine hoppers. However, some of these examples are too perfectly formed to be an accident. They may have been intentionally made by using five nozzles, instead of four, to create the glass stream. There are some Popeye corkscrews that have a fourth color that is really just a blending of the two colored glass streams. These really are not hybrids. True hybrids are rare and are highly prized by collectors.

Some Popeyes were produced when the spinning cup in the machine was not rotating. As a result, these marbles came out as patches. They are the same color combinations as Popeyes, but are actually two or three distinct patches of color on a clear/white base. These are called Patch Popeyes and are very rare. They have been easily confused with a type of Vitro Agate patch, and have fallen out of favor with collectors at this time.

There are also several types of corkscrews that have the clear/white color combination as Popeyes, but only one other colored spiral (usually translucent red or orange) These are usually referred to as Ringers or Imperials and are not really Popeyes.

thanks!

46 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

i.e. :  Transparent (clear) bas w/ whispy white strands and at least two other colors.

so left one pop eye but other two just cork screws yes?

PhotoRoom_000_20220227_145022.png

1 hour ago, Jeremysvt said:

so left one pop eye but other two just cork screws yes?

PhotoRoom_000_20220227_145022.png

Is the one on the (L) uv. reactive ?? The one on the (R) is a "special" and has the collector name "Lifesaver" center is a regular cork. If the one on the (L) is uv. reactive, (a 99% chance the base glass is yellow) not transparent clear thus not a Popeye but a special, some will beg to differ but the base glass must be "Clear transparent" and also have the whispy white strands in order to qualify as a Popeye. If uv. still a very desirable mib. The "lifesaver" on the right is also very desirable

36 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Is the one on the (L) uv. reactive ?? The one on the (R) has the collector name "Lifesaver" center is a regular cork. If the one on the (L) is uv. reactive, (a 99% chance the base glass is yellow) not transparent clear thus not a Popeye but a special, some will beg to differ but the base glass must be "Clear transparent" and also have the whispy white strands in order to qualify as a Popeye. If uv. still a very desirable mib. The "lifesaver" on the right is also very desirable

oh wow.  very uv reactive!  

IMG_6467.JPG

Great finds Jeremysvt—all of them. Great eye as well. I can see that you have been doing your research.
3 color corkscrews are always a great find. (I do count white as a color)

This is a harder to find Popeye imho, the one with the glow to it. These are no doubt Popeye colors. 
We all could argue this for days on end—but I have one with some clear glass added to it.
 Here it is, showing a bit of transparent—clear transparent along with the UV yellow transparent. I did my best and it may not be clear to you all but there is actually transparent –non yellow transparent glass involved in this one.

They may have been crossovers between runs. They only show up in this color combo in my experience.
There are plenty of questionable Popeye’s out there but this one will always stay with my Popeye’s. I could never think of a better place for it.
It is just a great find! 
Marble—On!!

Popeye glower final.jpg

15 minutes ago, Steph said:

What I'm seeing is a marble that Akro sold as a Moss Agate and that collectors call a Limeade.

At least that's what I thought I saw, until I saw so many other collectors not seeing it!

You are not alone, Steph.

3 hours ago, akroorka said:

Great finds Jeremysvt—all of them. Great eye as well. I can see that you have been doing your research.
3 color corkscrews are always a great find. (I do count white as a color)

This is a harder to find Popeye imho, the one with the glow to it. These are no doubt Popeye colors. 
We all could argue this for days on end—but I have one with some clear glass added to it.
 Here it is, showing a bit of transparent—clear transparent along with the UV yellow transparent. I did my best and it may not be clear to you all but there is actually transparent –non yellow transparent glass involved in this one.

They may have been crossovers between runs. They only show up in this color combo in my experience.
There are plenty of questionable Popeye’s out there but this one will always stay with my Popeye’s. I could never think of a better place for it.
It is just a great find! 
Marble—On!!

Popeye glower final.jpg

THANKS SO MUCH AND FOR SHARING THAT