General Opinions...

William

Just now, Carowill said:

I have the same reflector and the back says, “Mfd. by An__ Story Ft. Mason IA”BEED4B10-8EA5-4939-885F-59FD3136BFBF.thumb.jpeg.5f9a09a32aac5fad1eb6ab0236531f10.jpeg

Well, not exactly the same after further inspection.  If you’re interested, most antique booths will take 10% off if you ask.  Seems about right price wise compared to other ones I’ve seen.

I am confused. Are the marbles red or clear ? How does it lock ? I did not see any locking device.  It looks like a truck reflector to me. The tab at the top and the two holes are for mounting it to a old antique truck bed or fender. Or any other mobile vehicle. There are many different reflectors with marbles for old vehicles.  The old car reflectors are very similar to this but smaller and usually the mount is on the bottom. Old Railroad X crossing signs can have marbles as reflectors and are usually clear or red. But these signs are large four to eight feet and expensive. Old stop signs can also contain marbles as reflectors. 

16 hours ago, Carowill said:

Well, not exactly the same after further inspection.  If you’re interested, most antique booths will take 10% off if you ask.  Seems about right price wise compared to other ones I’ve seen.

This particular dealer has 20% off all his merchandise as it is 👍

13 hours ago, wvrons said:

I am confused. Are the marbles red or clear ? How does it lock ? I did not see any locking device.  It looks like a truck reflector to me. The tab at the top and the two holes are for mounting it to a old antique truck bed or fender. Or any other mobile vehicle. There are many different reflectors with marbles for old vehicles.  The old car reflectors are very similar to this but smaller and usually the mount is on the bottom. Old Railroad X crossing signs can have marbles as reflectors and are usually clear or red. But these signs are large four to eight feet and expensive. Old stop signs can also contain marbles as reflectors. 

Red clearies from what I could tell...a truck reflector? That's cool...

On 8/15/2022 at 5:32 PM, William said:

Interesting...these pics were taken with a flash. The marbles are pretty dirty and from what I can see clearies...no key present with it. Thinking it was mounted at one point. The railroad theory is interesting!

Yeah, it looks heavy enough, industrial grade reflector. Peltier made tons of mini clearly pewees in different colors for reflectors. IDK probably the first reflectors, turn of the centry, had different sizes of marbles for them. Akro, Master and the rest probably made plenty too.  At a guess, 1920-40's for this. I don't see a lock? Marble and others collect these. RxR possible, Big truck, tractor, lots of applications for anything that moves even blind corners to warn.  and yeah serial or ID numbers, a name etc. Prob find more on ebay, 'collectors of reflectors!' sounds like a club already out there.  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1