Peltier Peerless Patch or no, and is that an Ox Hair or...?

NeozLilBallz

Don`t know. I have a couple PPPs with oxblood, but they`re both opaque glass. I`ve only bought the oddball PPPs occasionally, so someone else - maybe cheese - would be better to answer that for you.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

The Horse Hair is always a bonus in my book🔥

It has been told to me that a horse hair can can be looked at as the beginning or end of a color.  A color is just being added or a color is just running out!  So with that being the case, to me it actually is cooler cuz it freezes a moment in time!

• Wow 1

14 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

I found this to be a pretty good discussion on some bizarre colored PPP's.  I've had quite a few PPP's w/ oxhair in them, often bordering between the patch & the base glass.

AAM LINK :  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46816&p=370241&hilit=PPP#p370241

image.thumb.png.5a12753e56c139a4b4df203caf1d5391.png

LOL!!!  But the patch is opaque, unlike the OP.  That was my view.

That hair line can be the result of a chemical reaction, but it also can be oxblood. Usually hard to distinguish the two since it`s so dark and so - well - hair thin. I think it`s a bonus either way too.

Heaton did make a big number of swirls with horsehair. Lots of the horsehair, some call oxblood, at Heaton was actually from maroon Vitrolite cullet.  I found lots of the cullet and matched big numbers of the horsehair with the maroon Vitrolite with 20 and 30X loupe. 

• Award 1