Red Slag

Fire1981

C`mon, you know quite a bit, Ric!

I have a box of Cerises, and agree there`s a fair chance it`s one. They`re really hard to ID unless you can compare them with a box. It wasn`t until I was lucky enough to acquire a box that I realized I already had one - just one, out of all of my "?" red slags. But it looks to me like it`s certainly possible.  And I agree - size?

• Like 1

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn`t!

I checked my box, and the size according to Peltier is "No.0." Measuring them, however, the sizes vary slightly. Most are 1/2" but a few are 9/16." My stray Cerise is also 9/16." I made a cursory check of my marble books and all of the boxes pictured were "No. 0."

I don`t know if this rules out your marble or not, because it may just be happenstance. Probably Hansel knows if there are any other sizes, or maybe if some other collector has a different-sized Cerise box and they could let us know?

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

No. 0 should be 5/8", No. 00 should be 9/16" and No. 000 should be 1/2", at least by industry standards, which I am pretty sure Peltier used. I think @mibcapper might have a 3/4" (No. 2) Cerise too.

Duh. Stupid caliper. Went back through and most are 5/8 with a few slightly smaller.  Would love to see another size! Maybe mibcapper will stop by.

5 hours ago, Ric said:

No. 0 should be 5/8", No. 00 should be 9/16" and No. 000 should be 1/2", at least by industry standards, which I am pretty sure Peltier used. I think @mibcapper might have a 3/4" (No. 2) Cerise too.

lol .... i just found where i put that cerise ric .... it's a bit over 1 " ...  verified yrs. ago at new philly or a wv show ?????   dat memory of ... mine ... :dunno:.... :music-rocker-001:

peltier cerise. 1-1 sixteenth in..JPG

peltier cerise. 1-1sixteenth in. (2).JPG

peltier cerise. 1-1sixteenth in..JPG

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chad G. said:

image.png.f708f652adf006262bc70e24f5a74e5a.png

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

image.png.316c2a9ca126f911a2e5ccc481e54e91.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

image.png.3ac9882e538a5d4d5a00e3ba1362d56e.png

Sweey info ️That's a cool guide  to sizes .