Pelt Cherry Bomb and Vitro?

browncat73

Thanks for all the help.  One more and I promise i'll cease and desist.  Are these Vacor or Jabo's.  I can't seem to get my bearings straight today.  They are pretty heavy and smell like a tire iron.  I see some pretty gnarly rusty swirlage going on.  Def no bifurcation here fella's.

image.jpeg

• Haha 2

The big brown one is a German Bennington (glazed clay) The others could have been sold as marbles but more than likely are just ball bearings. Most vintage steel marbles are hollow and have an x where they were crimped together, though some solid ball bearings were sold and packaged as marbles.

Here's a link from right here on MC I posted a couple years ago :

LINK :  https://marbleconnection.com/topic/26739-steelies/

Vintage steelies  @Steph  has a bunch of pix of vintage steelies of both types somewhere ??

Here's one from Blocks past auctions, I've seen them all the way from just below 5/8ths to just over an inch.

image.thumb.png.070c60c042550a7e686aa64eb80a5d7d.png

• Award 1

There are so many folks eating popcorn or “waiting to see” the next post with this subject that I decided to put a response together myself.
Vacor Roosters, also known as “Red Rooster”, Rocky Rooster” and a variety of other names, some foreign to the USA, are a very popular marble world-wide and you can see why. 
These were and are made in a variety of runs and the colors that I show are just a small example of the shades and fill. Some of these base colors I could swear are orange.
They all have one thing in common—the lack of a bubble filled base glass. The red is very clear and well made while the white has a tendency to run or melt/spread on the surface. The Vacor website claims that these have “Orange Swirls” but I have not seen any on the surface—just buried under the “Red”.
The second set of images shows three different runs with folds, not uncommon with Vacor marbles (or any other make as far as that goes)
This is not an attempt to sway browncat73 from his most positive ID on the OP marble, just an attempt to save CG from the DARKSIDE of collecting Pelts, who by the way has made a very good argument regarding this marble imho.
I have researched Vacors for many years and I have well, a few too many nets. Not just because of the resemblance to Pelts but others as well. That is for another thread.
The OP is a Vacor---no doubt in my humble mind.
Marble On!!

Roosters final.jpg

Rooster fold final.jpg

• Like 2
  • Award 1

Great response! I`ve never really studied Vacors, although I have bought a few over the years in order to see what they looked like in person, rather than in photos. This looks convincing to me, even if I did know the OP wasn`t a Pelt Cherry Bomb. I do collect Pelts, although I haven`t yet been able to add a Cherry Bomb to my hoard. Unfortunately.

• Like 1