Unusual pattern, has lutz, 3/4"

Steph

I had looked at this marble earlier on FB.  It made me wonder if someone had torched an already made Reno Fall Frenzy with metallic and lutz and this was what resulted.  There is a Reno Fall Frenzy (JABO) really similar but none display the overheated look of these or such an unusual pattern and yet the colors seem a perfect match.  

It's light blue, apparently. Sara clarified that.   My brain had interpreted it as white. 

The pattern, the simple colors, the torchy webbing, and the lutz were sending my mind three different directions.  

My main concern was that Sara not accidentally let go of an Alley lutz for cheap.   Now I can put that worry to bed.  

Thanks, team.  

I don't see the connection to Jabo, Reno Fall frenzy in the group I found online. Link below Yet, one single group of 30 does not the whole of possibilities: (link below)

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images1/1/1013/06/group-30-marbles-jabo-reno-fall_1_c9ab17f187a714f19346117cb249e155.jpg

And link to the worthpoint sale offering: GROUP OF 30 MARBLES JABO RENO FALL FRENZY 3/4 MINT 7-15-2013 | #474198099 (worthpoint.com)

1 hour ago, Jeff54 said:

I don't see the connection to Jabo, Reno Fall frenzy in the group I found online. Link below Yet, one single group of 30 does not the whole of possibilities: (link below)

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images1/1/1013/06/group-30-marbles-jabo-reno-fall_1_c9ab17f187a714f19346117cb249e155.jpg

And link to the worthpoint sale offering: GROUP OF 30 MARBLES JABO RENO FALL FRENZY 3/4 MINT 7-15-2013 | #474198099 (worthpoint.com)

Thanks for the link.  I could see it in the photo though it's a small view. Two on the right with pale blue base and dark swirls floating near the surface. 

image.png

21 hours ago, Jeff54 said:

There’s only one run of machine made marbles I am aware of that included marbles with a blue moonie base…lutz swirls…metallic swirls…black…with hints of green and white just like the original marble and that is Reno Fall Frenzy.  The black swirls in this specific stage of the run are not as thinned out/stringy as the marble in question and thus one of the several reasons I suggested it would have had to have been torched to make it look that way.  The colors are spot on though.

• Like 1

I suppose moderately buffing it could POSSIBLY do something similar.  It could just be a full on original torch, but the combo of colors hints to me of something else.  Just trying to share a thought about a marble (the fall frenzy one) most are likely not familiar with.  When you shine a light on the blue moonie base Fall Frenzies the base is a match to the original marble.

51 minutes ago, Nantucketdink said:

There’s only one run of machine made marbles I am aware of that included marbles with a blue moonie base…lutz swirls…metallic swirls…black…with hints of green and white just like the original marble and that is Reno Fall Frenzy.  The black swirls in this specific stage of the run are not as thinned out/stringy as the marble in question and thus one of the several reasons I suggested it would have had to have been torched to make it look that way.  The colors are spot on though.

FWIW, I could easily see this as a reworked RFF.

3 hours ago, cheese said:

I agree, but done on a torch, not just polished or buffed. That picture Ric posted shows the area with the evidence of being torched.

Trying to think about how one could end up with the “stringy” look to the pattern and the bubbled overheated look when starting with one of these machine mades gives me a headache as I don’t even know if it’s possible.

13 minutes ago, Nantucketdink said:

Trying to think about how one could end up with the “stringy” look to the pattern and the bubbled overheated look when starting with one of these machine mades gives me a headache as I don’t even know if it’s possible.

I've seen some  remelts that Rich Shelby has done and it's pretty amazing what a good torch worker can do with a marble, but I agree it's hard to wrap your head around.

• Like 1