Jabo

Joe2

On 3/31/2023 at 4:58 PM, wvrons said:

Scallywag made at Jabo. 

I vaguely remember there being a scallywag one and a scallywag two correct me if I'm wrong, or maybe it's just one altogether the Spring Fling run anyhow there it is.

• 11 months later...

Is this a thing or just some one calling it what it's not? I got a little confused about the price 29.oo$.  Does any one recognize this header? 34" or 78"

FB_IMG_1709532928694.jpg

10 hours ago, Joe2 said:

Is this a thing or just some one calling it what it's not? I got a little confused about the price 29.oo$.  Does any one recognize this header? 34" or 78"

FB_IMG_1709532928694.jpg

Oh, you didn't get to see if it says anything on the back, did you?

Some creative bags were made by non-Jabo people who were selling Jabos back when the classics were still in production.  

With this one being called "Camouflage", I suspect it would have been made later than most ... after collectors got more into naming?  

Hopefully some of our more knowledgeable Jabo-philes will have interesting things to say about it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steph said:

Oh, you didn't get to see if it says anything on the back, did you?

Some creative bags were made by non-Jabo people who were selling Jabos back when the classics were still in production.  

With this one being called "Camouflage", I suspect it would have been made later than most ... after collectors got more into naming?  

Hopefully some of our more knowledgeable Jabo-philes will have interesting things to say about it. 

THANK YOU Steph, & no I didn’t get  to see. 

This name was Camouflage is named by Jim King, I searched for it abm site and fount nothing, see Vitro  and can only speculate Ohio. Possibly then when the  Run was produced, or West Virginia with Vitro Machines. I may just have to purchase it blindly. 

1 hour ago, Joe2 said:

This name was Camouflage is named by Jim King, I searched for it abm site and fount nothing, see Vitro  and can only speculate Ohio. Possibly then when the  Run was produced, or West Virginia with Vitro Machines. I may just have to purchase it blindly. 

I believe it's a "Fantasy Bag" be careful Joe   :pirate: No way it's worth $29.oo maybe $5.oo - $8.oo IMO.  I've seen the exact same bag before but can't remember where ?? To my knowledge Camo is an Alley name for one of their large HTF mibs ?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

I believe it's a "Fantasy Bag" be careful Joe   :pirate: No way it's worth $29.oo maybe $5.oo - $8.oo IMO.  I've seen the exact same bag before but can't remember where ?? To my knowledge Camo is an Alley name for one of their large HTF mibs ?

Thank you 

7 hours ago, Joe2 said:

JABO bought Vitro Agate in 1992, including the right to use the name.  All the marbles made after that were JABO-Vitro.   

I called them once around 2010 I think and that's how they answered the phone -- "JABO Vitro".    

Vitro had been operating out of Anacortes, Washington at the time of the purchase.    JABO brought the Vitro machines and surplus marbles to Ohio.  That's where the Classics in that bag were made. 

I saw on Facebook where Josh said that Jim King did that packaging.  I knew that Jim had ties to JABO -- he was was a key figure in JABO's transition from the Classics to the contract runs.  I probably knew once upon a time that he did some packaging of Classics.  

• Award 1

6 minutes ago, Steph said:

JABO bought Vitro Agate in 1992, including the right to use the name.  All the marbles made after that were JABO-Vitro.   

I called them once around 2010 I think and that's how they answered the phone -- "JABO Vitro".    

Vitro had been operating out of Anacortes, Washington at the time of the purchase.    JABO brought the Vitro machines and surplus marbles to Ohio.  That's where the Classics in that bag were made. 

I saw on Facebook where Josh said that Jim King did that packaging.  I knew that Jim had ties to JABO -- he was was a key figure in JABO's transition from the Classics to the contract runs.  I probably knew once upon a time that he did some packaging of Classics.  

thank You again! I will pay another visit to the store possibly Saturday to see if they will let them go 4less🤞.