A Cat's Eye Question

Kimbernugs

I came across this cat's eye 9/16" and it looks funky to me in that it's a "partial hybrid".  It has 2 yellow V-shaped vanes and 4 orange vanes, and only the orange exhibit hybrid colors. The 2 yellow V shaped vanes are just yellow. It seems like the cat's eyes I've seen are either all vanes in on the hybrid action, or none of them are. This is almost like 2 different types of cat's eyes combined. Is this something any of you have seen before? 

Thanks for your help!

funkycat.jpg

This is a nice cat Kimberbugs--very nice.

The blueish cast to the base glass makes me think Japenese.

The Japenese marbles are not usually this thick.

I am not able to give a good ID--Just this--a real keeper!

Marble--On!!

It's something to note that this marble was in the lot of all those Vitros I posted earlier. When I was going thru them, this one stood out to me. I also got a Japanese vibe but the orange fat vanes look Vitro. It is just a conundrum. But I do agree it is unusual and a keeper. The base glass is clear and I think the blueish hue was from background stuff. 

Thanks for your input! I appreciate you all!!

2 hours ago, akroorka said:

Just an after thought--Vacor made some killer cats! Still do!

Marble--On!!

Vacor is what I was thinking. 

2 hours ago, Kimbernugs said:

It's something to note that this marble was in the lot of all those Vitros I posted earlier. When I was going thru them, this one stood out to me. I also got a Japanese vibe but the orange fat vanes look Vitro. It is just a conundrum. But I do agree it is unusual and a keeper. The base glass is clear and I think the blueish hue was from background stuff. 

Thanks for your input! I appreciate you all!!

This does affect my thoughts about Vacor.   I'll agree with conundrum and keeper.